We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tunisia to go or not

england
Level Contributor
101 posts
126 reviews
Save Topic
tunisia to go or not

My 20 yr old daughter and B/F are looking at tunisia in June. we are looking 4 general advice on where what to see safety etc. all advice gratefully received. This is a very general post but i know u wont let me down!

many thanks

Wiltshire
Destination Expert
for Sousse, Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tunisia to go or not

Tunisia is a safe destination as long as you use common sense like any where else. They are a couple so thats an advantage as the local men can show great interest in young ladies. So when out & about ask her not to wear skimpy clthes not short shorts or revealing tops. They dont mean any harm but it seems to be the national sport ! What to see ? that depends on thier interests.I look for the ancient sites. I am not a pool or beach type.June is very warm so take high factor suncream and sun hats. NEVER sumbathe for longer that 10 minutes to start with you will BURN out there the sun is strong in June .

This link will give you an idea

bbc.co.uk/weather/…

Change some BG cash at the Tunisian airport say £50 to start off the hotel will change any more that is required during the stay. You cannot take denars out of Tunisia so go careful towards the end of the holiday. Also keep the change reciepts they will need that to change any Denars back at the airport.

Ask if you need any more gen

By the way LE SHUKRAN is no thank you and can be useful when shopping.

Mentioned in this post
Tunisia
Tunisia
Africa
england
Level Contributor
101 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tunisia to go or not

thank you v much they will want to do a mixture of beach and sites can you recommend any resorts/areas. daft question but its a part of the world i have never been too.

many thaks

Nigel

Wiltshire
Destination Expert
for Sousse, Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tunisia to go or not

Avoid Scanes Monastir airport noise plus its isolated. Ok if you are hotel fixed not so good if you want to get out & about. We prefer Port ElKantoui easy to get to the resort areas near to the hotels. Good beaches a number of shops including a big fixed price one near to the Royal Kenz hotel. We did not like the Soviva complex but read the reviews to get your own opinion. a short taxi ride will get you into Sousse and its resturaunts & shops.the museum & madina

Mentioned in this post
Monastir
Monastir
Monastir Governorate, Tunisia
Soviva Resort
Soviva Resort
1,711 Reviews
Port El Kantaoui, Tunisia
Sousse
Sousse
Sousse Governorate, Tunisia
england
Level Contributor
101 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tunisia to go or not

thank you very helpful

liverpool
Level Contributor
60 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tunisia to go or not

Hi,

I would reccommend staying in Sousse, although it depends what you're looking for. We stayed in Sousse in September and found it to be perfect for what we wanted to do - great beach, great for seeing sights, obviously easy to visit the Medina and had more of a feel of Tunisia. We went through on the noddy train a couple of times to Port El Kantaoui and were glad that we weren't staying there for the whole holiday. It's a purpose built resort and although great to visit, it did feel like we'd got off the train in the French Riveria! It felt totally removed from what we'd seen in Sousse and that's not what we would have wanted from a holiday.

Mentioned in this post
Sousse
Sousse
Tunisia
Tunisia
Africa
Port El Kantaoui
Port El Kantaoui
6. Re: tunisia to go or not

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2010, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Tunisia