We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas

Hello,

We are thinking of escaping to Tunisia for a Christmas break.

We are getting conflicting reports on what to expect weather wise - has anyone been in December who can give us a guideline on what to expect?

So far we've been told anything between 12c and 25c and either very windy or very cold!

Thanks in advance

Jenny

London
Level Contributor
8,147 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas

You can check historically for previous years on www.wunderground.com - I would say normally best to expect around 20C mild sunny days and cool evening but it is very unpredicable that time of year and can be colder than U.K. - Contrary to holiday brochures, Tunisia is not a winter sun destination.

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas

Thats really helpful - thank you!

Jenny

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,191 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas

Jenny

Star is correct about the weather being unpredictable.

It will ,i think be nice in the daytime though,compared to here anyway!

(Scotland that is!)

However, i would not care about the weather at Christmas in Tunisia !

Have friends who have been there during "Festive Season" and they had a ball!

Wish i was going too!

Mick

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,191 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas

PS

my "other half "just reminded me that her mother was in Tunisia a few years back at Christmas, and came home with a tan!

So, you never know!

Mick

Zarzis, Tunisia
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas

I agree that it is unpredictable, but I can't imagine that it is colder than the UK ;-)

Last year was pretty cold here for Tunisia, there was even snow in the north!

The X-mass before, was really sunny and warm, we were walking in shorts and t-shirts!

In the South it's allways warmer than the North, so have a look at Zarzis or Djerba.

scotland
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas

we were in p e k last year 2nd jan-9th and it was warm during the day,& chilly in the evening,had a lovely time, wore vests & long shorts most days, but needed a sweater at night

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas

I have been there in December in the north and farther south. As everyone has said it is unpredictable. I have been in cold and driving rain in the north to quite pleasant and sunny down Sousse way. So it's a flip of the coin really.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas

We have stayed the last 2 Christmas/New Years at PEK and the weather during the day was mostly warm and sunny but cool at night. You can certainly get "a tan" !!

9. Re: Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 00:17