We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Never been to Tunisia before which resort to pick ??????

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,814 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Never been to Tunisia before which resort to pick ??????

We are looking to go on hols in Sept 2012 was lookin at Tunisia but cant work out what resort to pick we are a middle aged couple dont mind it to lively .Also what is the weather like in Sept

stroud
Level Contributor
655 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Never been to Tunisia before which resort to pick ??????

Lesley,

Hello and i would advise Port El Kantoui a purpose built resort with a stunning Marina and good links to the City of Sousse a historic Medina and shops to browse .

The Port has a Marina,and some fine cafes restaurants that surround the Marina and some nice beaches a few shops to browse in the marina and a brewery,zoo,irish club acquapark,and two golf coarses nearby,fountain displays,amusement park and a couple of supermarkets for your bits and pieces and you can take trips from the port aboard one of the boats or perhaps some diving and there is a club at the end of the marina so plenty to choose from so as they in Tunisia take a look and i am sure you will be welcome in Tunisia.

Good luck Toby.

Edited: 01 January 2012, 12:52
Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
535 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Never been to Tunisia before which resort to pick ??????

HI

Agree with Toby - Port el Kantoui a good first time. Quite established as a resort and not too far from Sousse and other places you may want to visit.

September weather is usually ok - but the weather can break from the hot summer to a cloudier sun. There can be some storms and rain but they don't last long, often end of the day. We like that time of year in Tunisia.

Tunisiamd

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
303 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Never been to Tunisia before which resort to pick ??????

I agree with both of the above replies, I've had many a good holiday in PEK and Sousse hotels, I will be returning to Tunisia in Feb for a relaxing holiday but will be going to Hammament area as it's closer to the new airport that has recently opened, I would return to PEK/Sousse but I don't like a long transfer time.

Wherever you go I think you will enjoy it.

4. Re: Never been to Tunisia before which resort to pick ??????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2013, 10:21
Get answers to your questions about Tunisia