We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maps for Driving in Tunisia

essex
Level Contributor
26 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Maps for Driving in Tunisia

Hello, I wondered if anyone could recommend a good map for driving in Tunisia?

I shall be driving down from Monastir to Douz then to Touzer (and surrounding areas) and then back to Monastir.

I have the Nelles map - quite good, but maybe there is something else out there.

Many thanks

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
12 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Maps for Driving in Tunisia

I drove from PEK to El Jem and SFAX and brought my SAT Nav with me. It had tunisia on it, but only major roads. I would say if using sat nav save your starting location and use the sat nav if needed to get back there. I was there 2 years ago when i rented the car.

Roskilde, Denmark
Level Contributor
39 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Maps for Driving in Tunisia

I rented a car from Camel Cars in Tunis.

They provided a Tunisia GPS at 10 td a day. Not a gps brand I knew. But It worked very well.

I had also downloaded "City maps to go" on my phone.

It has tunisia map and uses only the gps. No 3G.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,706 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Maps for Driving in Tunisia

You can purchase Tunisia maps for Garmin devices, see https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=90080

The downloadable maps require that you use Garmin Mapsource or Garmin Basecamp to transfer the maps to the GPS unit, which is how I have used them with Garmin Zumo 550.

The map is also available on SD card which can be plugged into any compatible Garmin device and we've used SD card based maps on a Garmin Nuvi.

According to Garmin the SD card version cannot be used for route planning on a PC/Mac however BaseCamp running on a PC/Mac should be able to access them whilst the GPS unit is connected to it.

14. Re: Maps for Driving in Tunisia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about Tunisia