We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st Time Tunisia - where to stay?

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
978 posts
1 review
Save Topic
1st Time Tunisia - where to stay?

Hi guys ... I know here are so many Tunisia experts ... please allow to ask some questions ...

I am thinking about travelling to Tunisia at the end of the month ...

I don't need beach only ... I prefer to see something ... local markets, attractions etc .... Little nightlife would be great ...

Which part would you guys recommend? Hammamet? Port el Kantaoui? Sousse? Mahdia?

Is it easy to move around? I guess the different cities are not close to each other, right !?

Any idea about the weather at the end of November? Weather forecast says approximately 22 degrees ... if it rains, does it rain all day long or just an hour or two?

I would appreciate your help and your replies.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st Time Tunisia - where to stay?

I think Hammamet may just tick all your boxes:

- Very long sandy beach

- Market day day on Friday in neighbouring Nabeul

- Marina & Carthage land inYasmine Hammet

- The Old Medina and its kasbah in old Hammet

- Fuguira Park / Zoo

- Nighrclubs

- Cafes and restaurants

Getting around is cheap and easy. Small yellow taxis are available all the place including outsie your hotel, and they will take anywhere. Taxi rides between new Yasmine and Old town is no more than 5 dinars. Remember to ask the driver to display the meter.

Weatherwise, historically speaking, temperatures late November / early December would avergae between mid teens to early twenties degree daytime and much cooler in eveneings and late hours. You amy get the odd warmer days when temperature could easily hit 25 to 28 degrees, and if the sun is out it would feel even warmer.

Swimming and sunbathing are always a hit or a miss early Decembers. Fingers crossed for this December coming.

There are many hints and information on this forum for the first timers to Tunisia. But if you have any more specific question, just ask.

Cheers

Cas

2. Re: 1st Time Tunisia - where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 03:15