We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel insurance

scotland
Level Contributor
170 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
travel insurance

Been looking around for travel insurance. My heads spinning with all the small print. Any recomendations folks ? I may add that i have Coeliac desease. My food now has to be gluten free. Not a life threatning condition but you know how these companies want to know every small detail.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
804 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel insurance

Compare the market. Tunisia quite often falls under european destination but double check before booking.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel insurance

Make sure you tell them about any pre existing medical conditions.

I am insured with Stay sure at the moment and have had nothing but bother so I would avoid them.

Definitely use Compare the market.com and let them know you want Tunisia included in a European policy.

Level Contributor
4,793 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel insurance

Axa are pretty good, cheaper than mondial who we had 2 yrs ago, thru Thomson. £25 to top up because of my partners diabetes with Mondial, only Twelve pound with Axa.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel insurance

AXA are the best in my opinion so may give then a ring when I need to renew mine.

Level Contributor
4,793 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel insurance

I agree Knitter, we were totally shocked at how great the price was, we even got the last policy out for my man we had last time to double check and compare, over half the price we paid for topping up last time and the same cover.

Julie :-D

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,937 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travel insurance

yes knitter you right,am having trouble ,with mine at present its with the under writers at present.

due to ill health after the policy was taken out

scotland
Level Contributor
170 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travel insurance

Decided to go with Virgin Insurance. Simple to set up,good price... £45 which includes no excess. No added charge for CD. You can get much cheaper on price comparison sites but i dont think they will be worth the paper they are printed on. Thanks to all for your help. Roll on May 1st

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: travel insurance

Its pre existing conditions that put the price up.

I have just received my updated policy from Staysure and they have charged me £40 for floaters in my eye as i had to attend and A&E and phoned them to be on the safe side.£5 admin fee,£1.49 for postal copy of policy booklet of which I have 3 and told them NOT to send me another one,

It has taken almost 3 weeks to arrive but I phoned them last week and spoke to a bloke who seemed to know what he was talking about and he said he would refund some of the latests cost.

I am not holding my breath but I did mention i was a member of TA and would be advising people to Stay clear of Stay sure!The underwriter is Mapfrey who also underwrite Insure and Go and many others.

To make the most of the money it has cost me I will have had 4 holidays abroad and 2 in the UK before the policy is due for renewal in August!

9. Re: travel insurance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Tunisia