We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I take my 10 month old child to Tunisia?

2 posts
Save Topic
Should I take my 10 month old child to Tunisia?

Hello I'm planning to take my 10 month old to hotel riviera in port kantaoui, I'm just wondering if its a bit young or if she will be fine? If so what is this hotel like and is there much to do? Thanks :)

Burnley
Level Contributor
717 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I take my 10 month old child to Tunisia?

Hello, we are taking our 12 month old to tunisia for the first time on 28th April. I have read through a lot of reviews and there is hardly any mention of upset stomachs. It is only a 3 hour flight and the temps are mid to late 20's which I think will be perfect as the heat will knock her out at night without being too hot for her to play during the day.

Taking everything in to account we decided to go with it but as we haven't been yet I can't guarantee that everything will be ok for you.

Also, we've booked the phenicia as I thought it seemed very child/family friendly x

Stowmarket, United...
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I take my 10 month old child to Tunisia?

Up to you, but 10 month year old is not going tp remember holiday, food/drink will be different and cause tummy trouble.

Where if you have nice parents who will baby sit for a week, then go on your own, unwind, relax, let your hair down go where you want, when you want, remember that for the other 50 weeks of the year your little'un will demand your full attention.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,937 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should I take my 10 month old child to Tunisia?

Seen younger kids than yours over the years,But its up to you as parents to decide not the forum

There is by the way a very good chemist in pek always found them helpful

Its near the entrance ,beside the tower shop

thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
2,777 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Should I take my 10 month old child to Tunisia?

yes you should,

we have been taking the grand children away since they were just over one,

just keep them out of full sun and use plenty of sun cream, a full swim suit and hat, they will love it,

as for the food you can get baby food from the local supermarkets or just use your own judgement on the hotel food,

make sure you keep your hands clean with gel or wipes and you wont go wrong,

alan

Burnley
Level Contributor
717 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Should I take my 10 month old child to Tunisia?

Is your baby breast or bottle fed? Mine is bottle fed and I'm goin to take a tub of milk as well as some of the pre made cartons. The only difference is the water, you need to check the sodium levels. I've spoken to my health visitor about it and she said to just be careful with the sun and water and to use handgel otherwise she had no concerns about me taking our 12 month old. As far as food goes, can it really be that different? Toast, fruit, cereal for breakfast. Sandwiches etc for lunch and meat and veg for evening meal, surely you can't go wrong if you use common sense x

n wales
Level Contributor
169 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Should I take my 10 month old child to Tunisia?

We have been taking are kids for4 years since our daughter was 10 months no problems at all x

7. Re: Should I take my 10 month old child to Tunisia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2014, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Tunisia