We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traveling to Tunisia on British passport

Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
traveling to Tunisia on British passport

Hi. Looking for informations about traveling to Tunisia and came accross that info on fco website "On arrival, security checks are sometimes carried out on British passport holders who were not born in the UK. This can take a few hours and you will need to be patient until clearance is given. These types of checks rarely take place on departure." So I was born abroad and I hold dual Polish/British nationality and will be in possesion of both passports while my kids have only British passports. Will I be better of traveling on British passports all of us (if I travel on Polish and my kids on British that may look dodgy to them) and see if they will do security checks. Anyone was held at the airport so they can do the checks? How long did it last? We are flying from UK and back to the UK 10 days later. Thanks for advice

London
Level Contributor
8,147 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: traveling to Tunisia on British passport

I doubt whether you will get a definitive answer to that question on this forum, only opinions. I wouldnt think there would be problems travelling on either but if you have both, then would suggest you use the British passport.

Technically there is no such thing as British passport anymore, only EU passport - and as Poland part of EU cannot see any problems either way.

Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: traveling to Tunisia on British passport

thanks

well it looks suspicious( I don`t blame them) when we hand 2 Polish passports and 2 British, last time we when to Menorca they scanned mine and wife passports, than kids passport and again ours passports :)

just don`t wanna waste the time at the border control. will have to get emergency numbers to British consulate for assistance in case of any trouble.there is no trouble at UK border control with it, just wonder if anyone had any experience in Tunisia.

Edited: 21 March 2013, 18:53
Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
298 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: traveling to Tunisia on British passport

My husband was born in India but holds a Bristish passport, he has been several times to Tunisia and never had any problems with getting in or out of the country.

Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: traveling to Tunisia on British passport

thanks for response. good to hear that. hope we don`t get stopped :)

5. Re: traveling to Tunisia on British passport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2014, 04:18