We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dar khayam clothes missing

Daventry, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Dar khayam clothes missing

Just got back from a great holiday in this. Hotel, only to find we are at least 11 items of clothing missing, 8 kids dresses and 3 adult dresses, all of these were new and worn on the holiday, then rolled up and put into the 'washing' suitcase. Back in the UK all the items were missing, can't see it being baggage handlers, must have been taken from the rooms. Told the operator (Thomas Cook) and emailed the hotel. Anyone else had the same problem?

Mick

Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dar khayam clothes missing

And the moral of this story is.. Before you leave your hotel room, before you go to bed on your last night or before you take your cases down, ALWAYS check the contents!!

You will have no proof now what so ever about who or when items have gone missing, it could quite easily of been opened at your UK airport. Always lock your suitcase in your room.

You should always check night before or earlier then report to reception and then perhaps it will give them time to find out who, doubt it, but it should be done.

Edited: 07 July 2013, 13:54
Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dar khayam clothes missing

Try looking on the review page for this hotel, see if anybody else has had the same trouble.

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
3,898 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dar khayam clothes missing

Cleaners that leave the hotel are normally checked by security.

One of my friends had her dirty knickers stolen out of a side bag of her suitcase last year in the airport..

4. Re: Dar khayam clothes missing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 July 2013, 23:35
england
Level Contributor
5,665 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dar khayam clothes missing

Having stayed at the Dar Khayam 6 times. This is the first accusation that I've heard of..

However the chances of a member of the staff concealing 11 items of clothing about their person as they leave the hotel after work is pretty slim. Not sure they'd risk their job for it.

Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dar khayam clothes missing

I agree with posts #5,4 and 3.

London
Level Contributor
8,774 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dar khayam clothes missing

must have been taken from the rooms <<<<<<<

You have no evidence when these items went missing. Not very nice to blame hotel staff if not sure. There have been posts, over the last few months, of suitcases being tampered with at airports. Including this recent post from airline forum.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k66327…

Daventry, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dar khayam clothes missing

Thanks for the replies. Seems this is pretty common, just did a search for 'missing clothes' in the forum.

#7 not accusing anyone, if they were not taken from the room they would have been scattered over 4 suitcases, that's why I think unlikely that airport involved.

#5 I agree, but 11 items over 14 nights is more feasible

#2 search on this hotel does show someone with the same problem.

Thanks for the replies

Mick

england
Level Contributor
5,665 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dar khayam clothes missing

Sorry I was under the impression it happened on the last day/night... Yes over 2 weeks it is possible.

Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dar khayam clothes missing

You said in your post they were 'in a suitcase for washing' so we think by that they were all in one case and taken in one go, even so, still would of been better if you kept cases locked in your room and checked all your stuff was there before packing and before leaving, then you would be sure it happened while staying there. Only review mentions something going missing.

Get answers to your questions about Tunisia