We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

elections 2013

Batley, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
elections 2013

hi

wanting to plan a trip in October but worried about the current situation. all the unrest is directly related to the government and as far as im aware the elections haven't taken place yet.

could someone please advise as to when the elections are likely to be because im sure there will be clashes/protests etc at that time and with 3 young children it is not something I would like to get caught up in!

thanks

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
3,996 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: elections 2013

I've heard 17 december as the election date.

Why do you think their would be protests or clashes in the tourist resorts ???

Batley, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: elections 2013

Thanks for that and I wouldn't expect clashes in resorts but personally if there is severe unrest somewhere then I would avoid going there with my kids for their safety and security. Also there is no guarantee that unrest could not occur in resorts and also I would be concerned traveling to historic sights as these arent within the confinements of the tourist resorts either!

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
3,996 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: elections 2013

I don't think you have to worry.

We lived 3 months in Sousse 2 years ago just after the revolution an this year in a village in the north of Sousse.

Had our own car with us and travelled through the whole country. Never had any problem.

Saw few times a manifestion, was not worser than a manifestation in Antwerpen were we live.

Mentioned in this post
Sousse
Sousse
Sousse Governorate, Tunisia
4. Re: elections 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Tunisia