We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying knitting wool in Tunisia

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,206 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Buying knitting wool in Tunisia

Hi Maenan

Could you update us on the location of the wool shop in Sousse and any other advice you can give on prices.

I see your other thread on the subject got hijacked due to comments that were not wool related

Regards

(knit one, purl one)

Mick

Edited: 08 November 2013, 19:49
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying knitting wool in Tunisia

As you can see by my user name I am an avid knitter and would be interested in buying wool there when I return in the spring.

My Avatar is a taken in a wool shop I found in Turkey.

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
3,659 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying knitting wool in Tunisia

Hi

for the wool: you stand on the square in front of the medina under the trees. You watch the buildings. On your left you see the Soula center, on your right the outside wall of the medina.

You walk to the right. Their is now a shop that has loads of scarfs ouside.

You pass the scarfs.

Behind it you will see a little street with on the right the walls and on the left houses. The wool shop is a about 50 meters in the street on your left hand. He is closed on Fridays and the man speaks Arabic and a bit French.

The wool is in scains of 200 gram

Finding a hook for crochet was bit harder, in French it calls an 'aiguille a crocheter'. I bought mine in what I call the "womans street" of the medina. If you walk in the medina in the street that goes to the vegetable and fish market, about 50 meter before the market there is a side street to the right. In that street there is lot of shops with clothes for women, but also a lot of shops where you can get things for sewing.

I found only one shop were they had a size 6, in other shops they only had them up till 4.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,206 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying knitting wool in Tunisia

Thank you, Maenen

The Medina can be an "intimidating place" for the new visitors.

Not knowing where to go, getting "lost", getting stressed.

More information on what is on offer,(other than the usual tourist wares)

and where to find it, is just what the forum needs.

You certainly appear to know your way around the Medina.

For example ,you indicated where the bath house was in a previous post .

So much in that place visitors tend to miss (including me)

Regards

Mick

Edited: 11 November 2013, 09:30
4. Re: Buying knitting wool in Tunisia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Tunisia