We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12 days backpacking in December.

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
12 days backpacking in December.

Hi there,

As a single male traveller, I am planning a 12 days trip which will begin and end at Tunis Airport.

I feel there will only time for 6 cities / places. I am planning to use trains as much as possible.

I'd particularly like to visit the Sahara - is there any local guides or travel agencies you can suggest? My budget is limited so can't do one of those expensive expeditions.

Any advice about cultural places worth a visit and ideas for accommodation ideas will be highly appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 12 days backpacking in December.

Here's three good value budget B&B hotels that we've used:

- Tunis: La Maison Doree. Very close to the main train station, the centre of the city, the Medina, and about a 20 minute walk to the TGM station for trains to Carthage and Sidi Bou Said...

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g293758-d1238…

- Hammamet: Les Citronniers...

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g297943-d3165…

- Sousse: Kaiser Hotel...

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g295401-d3167…

A reasonable budget place in Tozeur is The Warda Residence, but when we were there it was full of university students on a Field Study...

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g293757-d4726…

If you want the Tunisian trains timetable...

www.seat61.com/Tunisia2.htm#.UpHSwnCpUvY

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 12 days backpacking in December.

Thank you for the info , much appreciated.

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
3,614 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 12 days backpacking in December.

Bring warm clothes, we are in Sousse now and it gets cold in the evening.

4. Re: 12 days backpacking in December.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2014, 05:17