We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More queues at Enfidha..

england
Level Contributor
5,647 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
More queues at Enfidha..

New security measures at the airport mean even more queuing.

They've closed all but one entrance door at deptures entrance. And to get through this you have to have your luggage scanned. Watched yesterday as 8 coaches arrived.

Queue stretched the whole length of the departure drop off area.

Once you clear this "obstacle" you go to check in as usual. Then you go through security "Another scan" ..Before you reach the departure lounge.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: More queues at Enfidha..

It's the 3rd anniversary of when the Arab Spring kicked-off this week.

So probably a short term increase in security.

Increased security is in the interests of everyone using the airport, and we should be glad that any perceived threats are being taken seriously.

Top tip: If you've got a coach transfer due then leave your hotel a bit earlier, take a taxi, and beat the queues!

Cambridge
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: More queues at Enfidha..

Sounds like Turkey, your luggage is scanned as you go through the entrance doors, fortunately there are many scanners

ER

england
Level Contributor
5,647 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: More queues at Enfidha..

Been in force since the suicide bombing in Sousse. No one knows how long they'll keep it going.

Taxi's a great idea if you can afford the 70 Dinar . But if you've allready paid £60 for transfers with TC or £30 with others it's all added cost.

Edited: 13 January 2014, 11:57
england
Level Contributor
5,647 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: More queues at Enfidha..

If it becomes permanent I suppose scanner on all doors would be the way to go.

Southampton, England
Level Contributor
3,817 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: More queues at Enfidha..

If someone was going to bomb the airport, in side or out it makes no difference. As they will have just as many people to target, waiting to get in the doors.

england
Level Contributor
5,647 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: More queues at Enfidha..

Good point...It's making the "Tourists" easier targets..

Southampton, England
Level Contributor
3,817 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: More queues at Enfidha..

Even better for a nice big car bomb, if cars can drive by. Making it worse

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
3,558 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: More queues at Enfidha..

The scanner was already there in september, so before the suicide attack.

Our Tunisian friend always drops me off at the arrivals lounge because that is nearer to the car park and also there was then a scanner where he had to put my luguage through...

Level Contributor
4,793 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: More queues at Enfidha..

Give the porter a nice tip when you get off the coach!!!

He will wizz you straight past that queue and through the scanners quicker than lightning!!

My Fiance gave a couple of dinar to the chap while i stood outside having a ciggie, when i went in my fiance wasnt in the queue he was nearly at the front of the queue of check in desk. Three coaches turned up same time as ours too. I waited patiently in the queue amidst lots of moaning Brits as per usual!!

If these security measures were not in place and something happened that could of been prevented or saved lives who would they moan at then??

Its a queue, its not the end of the world, get over it. Lol.

I was told it was in place a while before the suicide bomb too, so good on them for putting it in place.

Julie

england
Level Contributor
5,647 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: More queues at Enfidha..

Thinking about it.....What is the point of it...

It is in fact putting tourists at more risk. Once inside they are more spread out.

But resticting the access is creating a "bigger" more concentrated target. Which terrorists can easily reach

All it does is protect the inside of the building from possible attack.

So in this case it definately is a bad idea.

Get answers to your questions about Tunisia