We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tunisia

Limerick, Limerick...
Level Contributor
3 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Tunisia

Is tunisia expensive

and should I book all Inclusive or half board

thanks

London
Level Contributor
8,488 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tunisia

Compared to Euro land its relatively inexpensive. My choice would always be half board. Where are you thinking of staying, kate.

Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tunisia

Tunisia is very cheap. Cafes and restaurants are very very reasonable,like here, depends where you choose to eat.

I always go All inclusive at our hotel and contrary to what people think you are not 'tied' to your hotel because of this, we still go out and drink and snack when out and about and if you book trips with your rep you stll get your meals included altho you pay for drinks on days out.

All inc is basically full board with drink included, we are not big boozers but it suits us to have lager, alcohol and tea and coffee and soft drinks as and when.

Branded spirits like Smirnoff etc are expensive in Tunisia tho, but the 'local' brews are pretty good.

Julie

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,600 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tunisia

We went A/I and did not regret it for the price, We still went out a couple of times though.

Redruth
Level Contributor
356 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tunisia

We always go AI just for the convenience of food and drink whenever you want it but still go out for meals on some evenings.

Where we go used to be half board only and then went AI - our spending more than halved and the cost only went up by a third so we are on the winning side - coffee, coke, beer, snacks, wine with dinner soon mount up!

Go AI and enjoy it - diet when you come back.

Steve

truro
Level Contributor
905 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tunisia

Certain things can be very expensive in Tunisia

I was shocked by some prices in certain supermarkets.

Eating out and drinking is very reasonable.

I would recommend going AI.

It doesn't add much to your holiday.

You would certainly spend hundreds of pounds more on eating out and drinking(even soft drinks,water etc...

Going AI still gives you the option of eating out a few nights and trying some local bars.

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
3,751 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tunisia

We always go half board because we would loose money when going AI.

(AI is much more expensive when you book it here in Belgium then the UK)

Reason is we don't drink softdrinks at all and we don't snack in between meal times.

We also prefer a good bottle of wine in stead of the wine they poor in the AI

So all depends on your life style....

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,254 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tunisia

Maenan and WS make very good points about which concept you choose

AI or H/Board.

Both have their merits.

Depends on the person If you are not a big drinker ;-) .. Half Board is good.

If I was going alone, I may choose H/B as I do like to get out a lot.

If with family and kids? All Inclusive

It is also the case that on a package deal from the UK (I take maenan's point here)

It can, in many cases be cheaper to go All Inclusive.

Edited: 06 February 2014, 18:12
Level Contributor
43 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tunisia

ive booked all inc i think its a good plan for something to eat and drink and not have to worry about nipping back to the shop for a can of pop/juice or beer etc or a simple coffee or tea , by all means go out and have fun eat out and see the different cuisine and varieties you dont see in the hotel restaurants but at least you have something to fall back on , to be honest ive never been to tunisia and i dont usually take on board negatives but there is a lot more negatives for tunisia than positive , we usually go to egypt but i wanted a change and to me it looks lovely and full of culture and different experiences as well as getting a tan and a cheeky cocktail so we will find out what its like soon

Limerick, Limerick...
Level Contributor
3 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tunisia

Thank you all for your replies

We went with Palm marina in port El Kant

All inc

It's 600 euro each from Dublin for week and to be honest it has the best reviews on trip advisor

Limerick, Limerick...
Level Contributor
3 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tunisia

Thank you all for your replies

We went with Palm marina in port El Kant

All inc

It's 600 euro each from Dublin for week and to be honest it has the best reviews on trip advisor

Get answers to your questions about Tunisia