We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long stay- any advice?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Long stay- any advice?

Im looking to book a 5 week holiday at the beginning of January next year, not having much luck online and wondered if anyone could recommend the best place to book a DIY long stay holiday? I am trying to book this for my grandparents. There requirements are:

Beginning of January

5/6 weeks

Sousse (though open to suggestions)

All inclusive

Flying from a Scottish airport

(they do like hotels such as marhaba club, Though again open to suggestions)

Can anybody help direct me? I've been everywhere online I can think of to search!

Thanks in advance

Hotel Manar
Hotel Manar
#1 of 119 hotels in Hammamet
La Badira
La Badira
#2 of 119 hotels in Hammamet
TUI SENSIMAR Scheherazade
TUI SENSIMAR Scheherazade
#1 of 36 hotels in Sousse
Wiltshire
Destination Expert
for Sousse, Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long stay- any advice?

I would go for Port El Kantaoui but how to get to Tunisia from your neck of the woods I cannot help you. The only thing is January and February can have poor weather at times. see this link you can go to any month from the page

holiday-weather.com/port_el_kantaoui/…

Mentioned in this post
Port El Kantaoui
Port El Kantaoui
Sousse Governorate, Tunisia
Tunisia
Tunisia
Africa
Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long stay- any advice?

It seems to be more difficult for people living in the UK then for us.

And option is you book seperate flights and then the hotel or direct with the hotel or along websites like travel republic,...

On some of them websites you can only book a 4 week stay, so then you have to make two booking were the leaving day and the arrival day is the same.

They have to warn the hotel then that they stay and handle in the 2nd voucher so they can keep their room.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long stay- any advice?

I hadn't thought of making two bookings, thanks, i'll look into that. There are def flights :-) Gran and Grandad love Tunisia and love a long break at that time of year, it may not be scorching but their view is that it gets them away from the cold here. They are in their 80s and grateful for any warmth at all, at that time of year.

Thanks for the advice x

Mentioned in this post
Tunisia
Tunisia
Africa
Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long stay- any advice?

Thought of this afterwards:

maybe best inform somewhere in which hotel are a lot of English speaking long stayers.

Might be nice for them if they can talk to ohter people if they are there for a longer holiday.

Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Long stay- any advice?

Marhaba Palace in Port El Kantaoui would be lovely for them, they lots of long stay British amongst other nationalities.

Julie

Mentioned in this post
Marhaba Palace Hotel
Marhaba Palace Hotel
2,236 Reviews
Port El Kantaoui, Tunisia
Port El Kantaoui
Port El Kantaoui
Sousse Governorate, Tunisia
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Long stay- any advice?

Thanks guys! Very true! They stayed at Marhaba palace a few years back, Im going to check there now :-) they're just used to booking through a travel agent and wondered if I might manage to get them a better deal online x

Mentioned in this post
Marhaba Palace Hotel
Marhaba Palace Hotel
2,236 Reviews
Port El Kantaoui, Tunisia
CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,932 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Long stay- any advice?

Check out thomsons as well for accomodation only for that length of time after you have booked flights only.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Long stay- any advice?

Thanks everybody! Accomodation is going to be ok to get a hold of, but flights, for some reason, adware unavailable for five weeks, yet available for 4? Hmmmmmm x

London
Level Contributor
8,867 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Long stay- any advice?

Try booking two singles - one booking outward and separate for return. A couple of times I have returned with different airline to get convenient flight times.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Long stay- any advice?

That's definitely worth looking into, thanks, i'll do that x