We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

please help

Kent
Level Contributor
142 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
please help

I was wondering if someone could help me please. We are a couple looking for a cheap holiday at the end of June for 10 days. Tunisia is high on our list however I am a bit worried as when I mention the destination people say bad things but they have all been there over 10 years ago.

After doing lots of research I'm not deterred but I just am not sure what area would suit us best out of port el kantaoui, Sousse and monastir? We are just looking for somewhere not to remote that has a beach, would like to snorkel or scuba dive but that looks like it wont happen, some kind of nightlife - few bars maybe but not like night clubs and somewhere we can do a few trips from.

Can anyone give me some advise on what area is best and any trips we really shouldnt miss?

Thanks in advance

Le Carpe Diem - Tunis
Bars & Clubs, Dance Clubs & Discos
Discoteque Platinium
Bars & Clubs, Dance Clubs & Discos
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
403 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: please help

we stayed at POK and loved it, there is a port and shops, we felt really safe although they did ask you to lok in there shops we just said no thanks they were ok. The marahaba ha a night club and there is a bar across the rd we didnt go but app it was great were just looking to return we did quad bikes and went on the pirate ship

Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: please help

Hotel Marhaba Palace in Port El Kantaoui

5 minutes walk from marina.

Lots of cafes, restaurants etc.

Julie

Edited: 25 April 2014, 19:32
Level Contributor
201 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: please help

Personally I'd not go to monastir.

Sousse, pek, and hammamet/yasmine hammamet are all lovely.

I prefer yasmine hammamet and hotel iberostar averroes, which is right on the beach set in lovely gardens, gorgeous pool, swim up pool bar, and is within walking distance of marina and medina.

I've never been to marhaba palace in pek, unfortunately, but I have booked it twice, but it was cancelled twice (first time due to the volcano ash cloud and second time cos of building work next door) I would reccomend this hotel aswell, we researched it well and were very disappointed when we didn't end up going but I'm sure we will get one day!

Level Contributor
201 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: please help

Oh and as for people's comments about them not liking tunisia, ignore them!

Have a read of some recent posts on here about peoples negative comments.

Kent
Level Contributor
142 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: please help

Thanks everyone. Looks like PEK is the place to be. I thibk the palace is the place we were looking at too. Lets get booking :) thank you

Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: please help

Hotel Marhaba Palace is a lovely hotel Mrs Gosling.

Going back for a 3rd stay 28th September, first time staying was last April and second stay last December.

Cant wait to get back!! Lol

Only 154 days to go, woohoo!!

Julie

7. Re: please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Tunisia
Recent Conversations