We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money, How much is enough ?

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Money, How much is enough ?

Hi all, we're away on Sunday for 10 days. Staying at one resort monastir.

There's me my partner and 2 young children 1 and 4. Just curious as or much money I take over as never been all inclusive before. We don't plan doing too many excursions mostly just there to relax.

How much money do most people take over. If rather have to much than not enough.

Thanks in advance :)

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,755 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Money, How much is enough ?

We took £500 last trip and brought more than £350 back (Two of us 14 nights ) can't spend it unless your doing loads of trips. Only did one boat trip as we went to relax. Spent most on tips and at the airports

truro
Level Contributor
905 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Money, How much is enough ?

Hi

We went to Hammamet last Summer.

We took about £700 that was for my husband and I and our 5 children for a week.

We brought most of it back.

We spent about £80 on tipping the lovely staff at our hotel,bought cigarettes to bring home and to smoke during our stay.

We bought quite a few fakes and souviniers too.

We are going for 10 days in June and plan on taking the same,though we plan to do some excursions this time.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,418 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Money, How much is enough ?

Tom We stayed in Monastir/Skanes last month

However we travelled around a bit

Mostly to Sousse and Port El Kantaoui. Taxis ate into the budget ;-)

So we spent a wee bit more than bladesboy

Apart from the shop in the hotel possibly for treats for the kids You wont need money on the complex.

Its not really a case of "how much money do people take over "

It depends what you want to spend money on. We buy clothes and gifts, eat and drink out when we go.

The amount Blades indicated should of course be more than enough for you and your family...

You can change Sterling at your hotel. So try changing a little at first and see how that goes.

If booking trips with your tour operator He /she will accept Sterling .

Have a read at this link

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297952-i9165-k613…

Also browse the top questions on top right side of this page

Regards and Enjoy your stay

Mick

Edited: 09 May 2014, 11:45
Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Money, How much is enough ?

Thanks guys. I was planning around £700 cash anyways so that's fine. Just didn't want to take not enough and atm to eat my card.

Cheers for the link il take a look now.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,418 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Money, How much is enough ?

Tom Try and take English notes

If you do use your card

Use it at a bank that is open if you are concerned

Also tell your own branch you may be using your card abroad

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,755 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Money, How much is enough ?

Yes if you intend to use a card inform your Bank. I was In Sri Lanka a few years ago were I met a man in distress were he had his card blocked and could not withdraw any cash. He ended up on the phone for some time at a cost. Make sure you put the cash in a safe too.

7. Re: Money, How much is enough ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Tunisia