We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Only 5 month on passport

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,764 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Only 5 month on passport

Hi All,

Does any one know if you need six month on your passport to enter Tunisia ? Had a look around this site but not found any definite answers. Looked at one site that states a valid passport and says nothing about the six month period only got five month if we went in September. Thanks in advance for any helpful replies.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Only 5 month on passport

According to this FO advice (https:/…entry-requirements) -

Passport validity

For stays of up to 3 months your passport should be valid for the proposed duration of your stay; you don’t need any additional period of validity on your passport beyond this.

The Tunisian authorities have confirmed they will accept British passports extended by 12 months by British Embassies and Consulates under additional measures put in place in mid-2014.

Rugby, UK
Level Contributor
100 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Only 5 month on passport

Think you are in luck was convinced it was 6 months but it's as long as it covers the period you are staying

https:/…entry-requirements

3. Re: Only 5 month on passport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 13:59
Edited: 10 July 2014, 13:59
4. Re: Only 5 month on passport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 14:00
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,764 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Only 5 month on passport

Got some replies but the have been removed. Not sure so I am going to ask the travel agent. Thanks Anyway.

Redruth
Level Contributor
363 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Only 5 month on passport

I always thought it was a minimum of six months but the link from mak3m def says 'duration of stay' so looks like you may be lucky. We are in PEK end sept beginning oct so maybe see you there!

truro
Level Contributor
905 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Only 5 month on passport

We were told 3 months from the return date of travel by Thomas Cook in store.

My Mother in law didn't have long left on her's so we asked them.

Chrissy

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,764 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Only 5 month on passport

Steve, We normally go round the 16th of September for two weeks. Confused about this six month thing. Might just be as well getting it renewed but I am going to ask the travel agent when I'm passing by. Just thought someone might have been with less than six months on here. Julie was the last post to get deleted just before I had chance to read it.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Only 5 month on passport

No you don't need any extended time on your passport according to the foreign office.

It only has to be valid for the length of your stay when less than 3 months.

I wouldn't send it off to renew if I was you until you return. I would send it in the quieter period at the passport office. This is the mistake I made and only got the passport back 5 days before our travel date. To say it caused some added stress is an understatement!!

We had 3 days left until expiry upon our return and in hindsight with the correct information I wouldn't have sent it!!

MLC

truro
Level Contributor
905 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Only 5 month on passport

Bladesboy

My mother in law came with us to the Chich Khan,our dates we travelled june 18th-29th.

Her passport expires in mid October.

Hope this helps

Chrissy