We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carthage & Sidi Bou Said Excursion

Burnley
Level Contributor
784 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Carthage & Sidi Bou Said Excursion

HI,

does, anyone know who offers this?

I can't seem to see it on the Thomsons list and I can't find a list for Thomas Cook!

Thanks

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carthage & Sidi Bou Said Excursion

Thomas Cook from Sousse / Kantaoui to Tunis - Carthage - Sidi Bou Said full day tour.

On the following days Tuesday Thursday & Saturday.

Adult price £45 Child price £22.50.

Hope this can help.

Best Wishes Amethyst

thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
2,831 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carthage & Sidi Bou Said Excursion

Twiggy,

thomas cook call it 'past to present',

alan

Edited: 28 July 2014, 14:56
Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carthage & Sidi Bou Said Excursion

Thomson

Capital sights

On Tuesdays. 94 Dinar when bought from Rep with Thomson at your hotel.

Always cheaper to buy from Thomson when in resort than online before you go.

Edited: 28 July 2014, 15:34
Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carthage & Sidi Bou Said Excursion

Probably cheaper still to book a taxi and go by yourselves, especially if there is more than a couple of you going. You'll get more time to visit the sites.

Ask guest services to book a taxi not your resort rep. They will explain to the taxi what your wanting, where you want to go etc. We have done this and it's not difficult to sort.

Burnley
Level Contributor
784 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carthage & Sidi Bou Said Excursion

Hi all,

thanks for your replies.

I was trying to find any info about using a taxi/guide but couldn't find much on the internet. Then I thought about doing it independently but realised that the Carthage sights are quite far apart.

BCFC56-YNWA - are you saying that we could arrange a taxi through the hotel who would take us? Would that include a guide or could we get away with using a guide book. Have you any idea of price?

I would much rather do this than be on a coach all day,

I am not bothered for the Medina in Tunis as we are staying in Sousse so have our own :) So it would be just the Carthage sights and Sidi Bou Said.

Thanks

Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Carthage & Sidi Bou Said Excursion

Twiggy

You wont see the medina in Tunis.

You go to the Bardo Museum, Carthage and Sidi Bou Said, stop for lunch which is included, just pay for your own drinks.

You really are not on coach all day, from Sousse it will be around 2 hours to Bardo Museum, then onto Carthage then Lunch the Sidi Bou Said, which are all pretty close to each other when you get to Bardo Museum.

Or they may do one site before the other.

Ive always found it a lovely trip, great journey on way up and back and ive found the time you get to see and your guide that goes on Thomson coach does not rush., well ive been twice now with 2 different guides and ive never experienced being rushed anyhow.

Great day out. Back to your hotel in time to freshen up for evening meal.

Julie

7. Re: Carthage & Sidi Bou Said Excursion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Tunisia