We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passport again !

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,512 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Passport again !

Was just about to post my re newel of passport but have heard a strike is on. Has any one gone to Tunisia with less than six month on passport ? Wanting to go around the middle of September. My Passport expires Feb 2015. Thanks in advance.

Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Passport again !

Lol

Why didnt you just take the advice on your last thread on the subject?

It was a 24 hour strike on Monday. If you done your application when you posted the last thread chances are you probably would have the new one by now.

2. Re: Passport again !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 August 2014, 20:17
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,512 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Passport again !

Why oh Why did you delete your post Mick ????

Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Passport again !

Lol, lifes too short to be worrying about why people delete their own posts Blades, think its to make other posts look bad!! Lol.

Now, ave thee posted that application yet??

Get it done young man, lol.

Im sure you will get it back pretty quick as its a renewal, its seemed that first applications took the longest a while back.

I would take it to post office, they check it all and then you are guarenteed delivery, if anything goes amiss its their fault, lol.

Hope you get your holibobs when you want to go.

What dates were you hoping to book?

Julie

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,512 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Passport again !

Hi Julie hoping to go around the middle of September for two weeks, Posting my re newel today. Not booking anything till I get it back.

Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Passport again !

Good on ya Blades, im sure you will get it back in plenty of time.

Yaay, we can say we are off to Tunisia again next month!! Cant believe its August already.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,512 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Passport again !

Yes it's flown this year Julie, Hope my passport gets back in time. What dates are you lined up for ? Will not be on line much for the next few weeks as I have a job to do in Cheltenham.

Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Passport again !

We are staying up Bristol for day on 27th Sept, overnight at lovely hotel then fly on 28th at 15.40 to Enfidha.

Flight from Enfidha is at 21.55 on 8th October, then stay at same hotel for few hours kip then drive back to Cornwall late morn on 9th Oct.

Cant wait.

Stafford shire
Level Contributor
86 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Passport again !

On direct.gov it states that your passport has to be valid for the length of your stay. I presume they mean by that if it expires the day after you get back theoretically you will be ok?? if yours doesn't expire till Feb 15 I would presume you will be more than fine.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,238 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Passport again !

Back to the topic ;-)

Indeed Mazza <<theoretically you will be ok>>

We have been down this road before on the forums

The majority advice has been make sure your passport has six months validity left

Immigration at Enfidha or other Tunisian airports may not abide by or read direct. gov advice ;-)

Better safe than sorry, don't you agree?

Applying early for re-newel of passport ?

Remaining weeks or months on old passport will be credited to your new one

Regards

Mick

Get answers to your questions about Tunisia
Recent Conversations