We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Explore Tunisia

Baku, Azerbaijan
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Explore Tunisia

Hi everyone.

Me and my husband are planning to visit Tunisia in October. We want to enjoy the beach and visit some historical and cultural place to explore Tunisian culture. I need some advices where is the best to go in Tunisia in October considering the weather as well.

Many Thanks,

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,171 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Explore Tunisia

If you want to visit historical and cultural places in the North of Tunisia.

Consider Hammamet or Yasmine Hammamet.

If you want to visit historical and cultural places further South.

Consider Sousse, Monastir/Skanes or Port El Kantaoui

You will get decent weather in October.

Also, its a good month for exploring/sightseeing.

Not as hot or as busy as it is in the summer months.

Edited: 08 August 2014, 11:29
England
Level Contributor
19 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Explore Tunisia

Can I ask, following on from the above question, is it easy to get around? I am about to stay in Yasmine Hammamet and want to venture out to see culture/history. We cant be bothered to hire a car so would be happy to use public transport/taxis. Thanks

England
Level Contributor
19 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Explore Tunisia

Also, are taxis/buses expensive. I am guessing not as I have been to north Africa before, just not Tunisia. Thanks

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
3,559 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Explore Tunisia

Busses and louages are very cheap, think I paid last year about 1 dinar for a distance of 14 km.

Taxis are not expensive compairing to European rates.

5. Re: Explore Tunisia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Tunisia