We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's in Tunisa for a discerining traveler?!

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
22 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
What's in Tunisa for a discerining traveler?!

I have 8 nites in mid july , made airfligh reservation to tunisia, but want an advice for a super starred resort , small place, do not mind not a croweded hotel, where sea , nearby shoping , and excellent rooms are a puls...Money is not important.. (ofcourse on vacatons only)

where should I go Tunis,hammamat,souse?, what 6 stars facilities available..

I am extremly put off of some reviews of the many 5 stars hotels , I checked through Tripadvisor web site! May be I should forget it..and go somewehre els..

Any advice is apprciated..

Bardo Museum
Speciality Museums
Medina of Tunis
Flea & Street Markets, Historic Sites, Neighbourhoods, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Zitouna Mosque
Sacred & Religious Sites
Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
149 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's in Tunisa for a discerining traveler?!

I thought only Dubai had 6 & 7 star hotels?

If you're looking for something along the lines of Burj Al Arab then yes, you might be looking in the wrong country.

London
Level Contributor
8,785 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's in Tunisa for a discerining traveler?!

Yes I think you may be dissapointed with Tunisia. Have you been or thought about Marrakech, Morocco for example. Probably bit more discerning.

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's in Tunisa for a discerining traveler?!

Of the 40 plus countries I've visited, Tunisia ranks low, although for a week's stay, it would be a great beach destination. I spent three weeks in May, and literally got bored . . . too many package tourists and unsuitable beach weather.

The very best hotel (5*) in Tunisia and a member of the Leading Hotels of the World is the Residence in La Marsa. It's beach front and only a short taxi-ride away from downtown Tunis and the international airport. Ancient Carthage is also nearby. If you have time, I would definitely visit the Grand Mosque in Kairouan, about a two hour drive from La Marsa.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
22 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's in Tunisa for a discerining traveler?!

Thank you , wanderin, oudaipur,and breakbeat..

Your input is very much appreciated, now..I detour to Instanbul..where I visited many time.., Let me know if you need input on Dubai, or Saudi arabia.., will be more than happy..

will spare Tunisia to a next stop over..

5. Re: What's in Tunisa for a discerining traveler?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 01:19
Get answers to your questions about Tunis