We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone been at Easter before?

Which Tunis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
101 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone been at Easter before?

HI, just wondered if anyone had experienced Tunisia at Easter before... looking at booking for first week of April but wondering if it will be warm enough?! Also notice that most slides etc in the hotels dont open till May... do they not even open them for the peak school holidays? T.I.A X

Hammamet, Tunisia
Destination Expert
for Tunisia
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone been at Easter before?

may is the start of the holiday season, beginning of april, the weather is mild, but can get chilly on the night

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,175 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone been at Easter before?

H Sparkle

It can depend really

if you are going to a hotel (you didnt say which one)at Easter holiday time and there are lots of children ,you might get lucky ie slides,flumes being open. But as Khal says about the weather. That will be a factor.

I was at a hotel in Tunisia last year (April )

Some days the slides were "on", other days not.

Regards

Mick

Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
101 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone been at Easter before?

Just wanted to make sure its hot enough to sunbathe and kids can go in pool..... will be torture for them if there are slides and not open lol - havent chosen hotel yet although went to sahara beach last year and loved it so that is an option - need to keep an eye on the situation out there though as that is prob why there are some good deals around... thanks :)

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,175 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone been at Easter before?

It should be hot enough to sunbathe .

I got a tan there in December one year;)

Prices have been good even before the problems last week .

Have a look at Marhaba Salem Sousse (just been renovated )

We are going later in the year.

You can use the pool and other facilites at sister hotel next door (Royal Salem)

Have a look at the photos on hotel review page.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g295401-d5710…

Flumes and slides at one of the pools .

Also more to do out and about .

Skanes is a bit isolated, to say the least .

Although some nice hotels.

Edited: 12 February 2013, 13:10
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone been at Easter before?

We were at the Rivera hotel at Christmas and the slides were turned on and children were in the pool.Some brave adults also swam in the pool.

It was warm every day but I have a feeling we may have been lucky with the weather.

We are thinking of going back around 7th April.

Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
101 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone been at Easter before?

Oh I dont know what to do lol! The weather is really important to us as we really just want to laze about in the sun and spend time together..... need to spend about a grand more to get hothot weather though!!

Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
101 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone been at Easter before?

All booked for Sahara beach leaving march 29th fingers crossed for some sunshine :)

Level Contributor
4,793 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone been at Easter before?

Hi Sparkle, i last went to Tunisia, it was coming up for 6yrs ago now tho, last week March/first week April and it was gorgeous, no less than 27deg C everyday, bit of rain halfway thru holiday which last all of 5 minutes if that, lol. Also we stayed at The Sahara Beach too, loved it

Me and my Fiance are off to Port el Kantaoui in 56 days, cant wait.

Julie :-D

Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
101 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone been at Easter before?

Sounds good to me Julie we've only been away peak season before and I'm a sun worshipper but late 20s will do nicely :) x

Level Contributor
4,793 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone been at Easter before?

I love the high 20's i do. Dont like working in it or walking about in it but hotter the better for me when lying on a sunbed by the pool, oooh cant wait,lol. :-D