We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help please!

surrey bc
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help please!

Hi. I'm flying into Harare, alone. After a 30 hrs of flying from Canada, I have to make my way to Livingstone somehow.

What do you suggest? I'm looking for any/all helpful information. Do I need a Visa to stay in Zim just 1 day? Is it a hassle to get the Visa IN Zim, or should I get it ahead of time? How difficult is it going to be to get from Harare airport to Vic Falls to Livingstone?

Sussex
Destination Expert
for Mana Pools National Park, Marco Island
Level Contributor
870 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help please!

Hi. Sorry I can't help with advice on getting to Livingstone, but with regards to visa's, you will need to purchase one, even if you are only in the country a few hours.

It is no great hassle to buy one at HRE airport - go to the desk at the far right of the passport clearance hall. Last October (the last time I entred Zim.) the visa cost US$50 or £35. I would take a few extra $'s in case it has gone up in price.

Have a safe and enjoyable trip.

harare
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help please!

Hi you will need a visa to enter zim - you can this at Harare airport on arrival.

Yr quickest way to get to the Falls is to take the air zim flight -which departs daily from Hre to the Falls - getting across the border to Livingstone is then easy - you can even walk across the bridge.

You will need a visa card to pay for your air zim ticket- or some usd cash. I dont recommend catching public transport. You will also need a visa to get into zambia also obtainable at border post - more usd cash.

Hope this helps - have fun and safe trip.

Janine

vancouver island
Level Contributor
5 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help please!

Thank you for the responses!!

For those who have been....how safe or unsafe do you think it would be to take a taxi....female, by myself short distances?

Any recommendations for an overnight in Victoria Falls? Budget, but nice..& safe.

Thank you!!!

brisbane
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Help please!

Hi,

I just got married at the Victoria Falls Hotel in Zimbabwe on March 11th. I arrived on March 10th at Livingstone and had to get to Zimbabwe (sounds like the opposite). We travelled with an Australian company "Safaris Into Africa" which is owned and run by a couple who were born and bred in Zimbabwe, Clive and Anne Arnold. They own Globetrotters Travel Agency in Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia. They work in conjunction with a tour company in Africa called Getaway Tours, based in South Africa. Clive also has a rep, Sandra, who is a British lady working in a travel agency not far from Vic Falls Hotel and she is really really helpful and tell you exactly how it is. We felt safe at the hotel but would be best to get the up to date rundown on things from someone who is there, esp since the elections have now taken place.

Our transport between these places was with a local tour bus operator who were very punctual and I was very glad to be using them because the border crossings were a nightmare unless you had someone to help you "jump the queue" etc and guide you through. Contact Safaris into Africa on email

"mooshi7@bigpond.net.au" for the contact details for the people I mentioned in Zimbabwe. Mention Sharon and Steve referred you and they will be most helpful I'm sure! Enjoy, oh and make sure you walk with the lions while you're there, amazing "The Lion Encounter" 100USD and you can buy a dvd of your experience for 40USD - well and truly worth it, a MUST!

vancouver island
Level Contributor
5 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help please!

SO helpful. Thank you so much for the email contacts!! I'm sure they will be of assistance! Congratulations on your wedding!

new york
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help please!

Hi,

dont know if this is in time also try www.superiorhostafica.com, they did my holiday to Zimbabwe and all my Zimbabwe trips. eat company. Based in Southern Africa so know all the right places and right people with up to date info on the ground. They provide a consultant at the airport to help with transfers and visas etc. Great people to know especially if you've never been to Africa. Speak to Red or Tsitsi. email on website. or try other email, hotcouture@mweb.co.zw mention Nicci referred you.

new york
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Help please!

That website again

www.superiorhostafrica.com

sorry spelling mistake.

surrey bc
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Help please!

Thank you Nikki. I will email them right now. A consultant at the airport would be a god sent!! Thank you Thank you!!

9. Re: Help please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 18:17