We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crossing the border from Zambia

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Crossing the border from Zambia

Hi, my fiance and I will be in Zambia in June this year and would like to cross the border into Zimbabwe to see the falls from that side. We would like to be able to do it as a day trip - can anyone tell me what time the border opens and then closes?

How far are the falls from the border crossing - is it walking distance?

Thanks for you help :)

Mfuwe
Level Contributor
944 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Crossing the border from Zambia

Complete customs formalities and walk out of the Zambia Border Post. From there it is about 670 metres to the middle of the Vic Falls Bridge, 970 metres to the Zimbabwe Border Post. From there, about another 310 metres to the park gate so they can relieve of some USD, and walk about another 185 metres to the closest viewing point of the falls. You would need to walk very slowly to make it a day trip.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Crossing the border from Zambia

Haha - thats good news - because I tend to dawdle a bit!!!

I went there about 7 years ago, but I have completely forgotten about the border crossing etc - I remember walking across the bridge, but I was so excited about seeing the falls that I don't remember the time it took.

It's good we won't have to stay the night as we will have other activities the next day in Zambia and don't want to be rushed. Any idea on opening/closing times of border? It would be great to get an early start if possible (sorry if this is a silly question).

Cheers for your help!

Victoria Falls...
Destination Expert
for Victoria Falls
Level Contributor
809 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crossing the border from Zambia

The Border post opens at 6am and closes at 10pm.

The entrance gate to see the Victoria Falls in June opens at 6.30 am and closes at 6pm.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Crossing the border from Zambia

great thanks :)

5. Re: Crossing the border from Zambia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2013, 10:17