We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VIsa cost for UK passport holder

London, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
VIsa cost for UK passport holder

HI, could somebody advise the cost of single & multiple entry visas for UK passport holders

Seem to recall the cost of single entry bing £35 when i visited a few years ago, but cant find up to date costs anywhere on the internet!!

Fly out to Zim a week tomorrow so need to make sure i have enough cash on me to actually get into the country!

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VIsa cost for UK passport holder

Bit more info to put this into context:

I plan on spending a few days in Kariba, then drive to vic falls via Zmabia.

When in vic falls, im planning to do the Chobe day trip. Once i've done this trip, i wont be leaving Zim again until i depart back to the UK (will be driving back to Harare form Vic Falls via Bulawayo)

I've just read that i dont need a visa for Botswana for the day tip, but assume i WILL need a double/multiple entry visa to get back into Zimbabwe?

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,118 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: VIsa cost for UK passport holder

Hi, see victoriafalls-guide.net/zimbabwe-visa.html

here you will find lots of up to date info on VF. Note multiple not available on entry, only single/double. If you need to enter more than twice, you simple re-enter with a single,

Ivan

London, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VIsa cost for UK passport holder

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VIsa cost for UK passport holder

Does anybody know what the costs will be in GB£ or do you have to pay in US$ these days?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: VIsa cost for UK passport holder

Currently $65 U.S, single entry, check out this site which is really helpful

experiencezimbabwe.com/guide/visa-requiremen…

Victoria Falls...
Destination Expert
for Victoria Falls
Level Contributor
833 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: VIsa cost for UK passport holder

Sorry to have to correct the last poster, but the price is $55 for a single entry not $65 as stated in the post and on their website (single entry British national), when purchased at the Zimbabwe port of entry.

To answer your question Phil you can pay in £ and the price is £35 and £45 single and double entry respectively.

Once at Vic Falls through US$ are by far the most preferable currency.

Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: VIsa cost for UK passport holder

Hi, does anyone know if it is better to buy a visa in advance with the Embassy?

I've read that you can just get it at the point of entry on the day (for 55USD) but a visa company told me this: application takes about 7 working days to process and costs £83 (£40 in embassy fees and £43 in service fees).

Obviously much cheaper to get on the day then, but is that risky?

Victoria Falls...
Destination Expert
for Victoria Falls
Level Contributor
833 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: VIsa cost for UK passport holder

Not risky at all, that's what most people do is buy it at the airport on arrival. Much cheaper and less hassle than sending your passport off.

Victoria Falls...
Destination Expert
for Victoria Falls
Level Contributor
833 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: VIsa cost for UK passport holder

Try and sit at the front of the plane so you are first off and the the first one in the visa queue.

Air Zimbabwe arrives first but only flies on a Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.

British airways and South African airways fly everyday but the SA flight arrives first which is important as there can be a bit of a back log between the 2 flights

10. Re: VIsa cost for UK passport holder

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2015, 05:18