We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canoeing in January

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Canoeing in January

Does anyone have any advice / experience about taking a Chirundu - Mana Pools trip in January?

We're getting conflicting advice from operators with some saying it's a bad idea due to weather / temperatures / mosquitos etc. We are more looking forward to the canoeing and some fishing than any game viewing as we have been to Etosha / Chobe etc before.

Victoria Falls...
Destination Expert
for Victoria Falls
Level Contributor
833 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canoeing in January

Hi there

I was a canoe guide for several years on the lower Zambezi river. January would definately be a time of year I would avoid. It is peak rainy season and can be very unpleasant. Fishing also not good then with muddy flood waters. If you only have one shot at canoeing the Zambezi, I would recommend choosing a different time of year.

Tony

2. Re: Canoeing in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2014, 07:17