We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vic Falls to Jo'burg Sept 2013

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Vic Falls to Jo'burg Sept 2013

Hi there,

Myself and my partner have booked an overlanding tour from Victoria Falls, to Jo'burg below with On The Go tours:

onthegotours.com/Africa/…Falls-to-Joburg

It will be my first time in Africa - and my first time overlanding, which I'm very excited about. I was wondering if anyone had any good tips on what to take on an overlanding trip? I.E essentials for overlanding? Or Africa essentials.

Regarding currency my friends have suggested taking US dollars only. As we will be traveling through three countries there will be three currencies to consider so I wondered what standard protocol was? What is the weather like in September? Will it get cold at night?

Finally - it's my partner's 30th birthday, so I wanted to book a surprise. I wondered if anyone had done Walking with the Lions tour at Vic Falls? Or if you had any recommendations for a little add on as a surprise for him.

Thanks in advance. Sorry for all the questions (so many things I'd like to know!).

Many thanks :)

harare
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Vic Falls to Jo'burg Sept 2013

Hi,

In Zimbabwe you can use both US$ and South African Rand. Best to get rand if you start your trip in Victoria Falls, so that you continue using them in South Africa. September is the best weather in Zimbabwe. 95% chance of sunshine and nice and hot! Surely walking with the lions is an experience never to forget. remember to take your anti malaria precaution if you need to know more check the nyati travel website. Enjoy!

Level Contributor
67 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vic Falls to Jo'burg Sept 2013

My Son is living in Zimbabwe. He has done the walking with lions tour out of Harare and highly recommends it. I would think it would be the same in Vic Falls. He sent postcards of him playing with lion cubs for Christmas.

London, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vic Falls to Jo'burg Sept 2013

Hello there Izeb,

I was just wondering how your trip with On the Go Tours went in September?

I am considering doing the same tour this July and looking for feedback from someone who has actually done the tour.

Many Thanks

Greg

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,247 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Vic Falls to Jo'burg Sept 2013

Zimbabwe works on a fixed exchange rate of $1 = R10.00

Kasane in Botswana, you might get away with dollars, depends where else you are going.

You will definitely need rand in South Africa.

Read tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293761-i9853-k385… before you Walk with Lions

5. Re: Vic Falls to Jo'burg Sept 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2015, 07:20