We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zimbabwe is safe to travel, also individually

Tilburg, The...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Zimbabwe is safe to travel, also individually

For those who want to go to Zimbabwe, but still doubt if it is safe, I can tell you it is safe to travel.

I've been travelling in Zimbabwe for 3 weeks on my own and I haven't had any troubles. I used public transport and slept in hostels. People are helping you and welcome you. Begging is rare, even in big cities. No problem.

Zim was part of a 7 week trip and my experience is that other southern african countries are less safe than Zim. Of course like everywhere in the world you don't go walking on your own in an alley in the middle of the night.

A lot of people think Zim is expensive, but it is not more expensive than the surrounding countries. I would say: Go to Zimbabwe and enjoy!

Karba, Zimbabwe
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zimbabwe is safe to travel, also individually

Thanks Daan - it is important that people are aware that Zim is still one of the safest countries in the region and definitely has the most friendly of peoples :)

Safe travels and look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Victoria Falls...
Destination Expert
for Victoria Falls
Level Contributor
869 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zimbabwe is safe to travel, also individually

One of the most common questions here on Tripadvisor " Is Zimbabwe safe" and I think a lot of people would love to come to Zimbabwe but are just to nervous, which is such a pity and so wrong. So thank you Daan for allaying peoples fears.

montreal
Level Contributor
525 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zimbabwe is safe to travel, also individually

I loved Zimbabwe when I was there years ago. I know a fellow Canadian who winters in Zimbabwe & loves it

4. Re: Zimbabwe is safe to travel, also individually

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2014, 06:21