We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antelope park -volunteering

1 post
Save Topic
Antelope park -volunteering

Hi

I am looking to volunteer for three weeks at antelope park on the lion rehabilitation program.

Please can anyone shed some light on who is best to book through? I have been looking on africanimpact.com and they seem to be the best?

Help!

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
4,977 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Antelope park -volunteering

I would seriously reconsider this and do some more research first. There's lengthy discusssion on the South African Forum of these sorts of projects-

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293740-i9186-k644…

Some specific comments about Antelope Park here-

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293740-i9186-k5…

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,306 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Antelope park -volunteering

The first thing I saw when entering Antelope Park was elephants being herded like cattle. It made my heart very sore. This place is nothing to do with loving wild animals.

I only stayed there as there are so very few camping options between South Africa and the Mana Pools. I will never camp there again.

Edited: 18 March 2014, 07:36
london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
4,977 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Antelope park -volunteering

If you want a volunteer project helping genuine conservation work with wild animals, take a look at Wildlife ACT, based in KwaZulu Natal, South Africa.

Bangor, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Antelope park -volunteering

Hi Beth! Did you book anything for AP?

Sussex
Destination Expert
for Mana Pools National Park, Marco Island
Level Contributor
932 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Antelope park -volunteering

That was Beth's one and only ever post on TA so I wouldn't hold your breath for a reply Anna. The links posted above by stokeygirl are well worth reading if you haven't done so already.

6. Re: Antelope park -volunteering

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2016, 07:16