We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Harare Airport and Money Changing

baltimore
Level Contributor
143 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Harare Airport and Money Changing

Hello, Im traveling to Harare to volunteer with a medical humanitarian organization. I will be making a reservation on line at the Holiday Inn as its only $84 a night on-line if you book and pay cc two weeks in advance and its non-refundable, this sounds good to me as I see many of the hotels are very expensive. When I get to the airport (BA at 5:30 am are their taxis to the hotel or bus or does Holiday Inn have shuttle and do I pay in US dollars to the taxi or should I change money at the airport first and pay in local currency, sorry for so many questions but its daunting to go to a place the first time without any idea of these matters, Thanks Kevin

Copenhagen
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Harare Airport and Money Changing

Dear kevin,

I believe Holiday Inn has a shuttle...Because you arrive so early, no bank will be open at that time, therefore I would strongly advise you to request pick-up by Holiday Inn in connection with your reservation. I am positive they will gladly arrange it for you.

All the best !

Florence

Somerset
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Harare Airport and Money Changing

Try and pay for everything in US$, with inflation running at somewhere between 5000% and 12000% if you change into Zim dollars they will be worthless by the end of the week. Just hope the hotel still have some petrol for their shuttle bus, it has just about run out totally in Zim.

3. Re: Taxi from Harare Airport and Money Changing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 12:19