We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Concerns...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
683 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Concerns...

I have a trip to VF coming up. I am staying at Shearwater Explorer's Village. I recently read a review stating that people were attacked and robbed in their rooms. Management responded confirming that this occurred. I will lose the entire cost of my booking if I cancel and there will be limited options to change now, but I feel like I should. Am I being overly paranoid?

2 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
683 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Concerns...

I wasn't able to find any news reports...

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
235 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Concerns...

I just stayed at Shearwaters Oct 12 and 13. I also read about this on their trip advisor reviews yesterday when I am now back. Not sure exactly when it happened but it sounds quite recent. We had no problems and didn't know while we were there that the incident had happened. There was security and we did not feel unsafe ever. We also left our bakkie parked in the camping area (we were in chalets) to charge our fridge all day without incident. We loved our stay there and the staff is terrific and so helpful. I was really sad to read this had happened.

Reply to: Hotel Concerns...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Victoria Falls