We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US$ for entry visa

Ireland
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
US$ for entry visa

What is the story with payment for a visa to enter Zimbabwe at Victoria Falls? Last year we paid about US$60 each, I think. Anyone been there lately?

Jean Ireland

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,118 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: US$ for entry visa

Hi as far as I can find visa fees for Irish into Zim is now $75, single or multiple, Zambia upped their fees earlier this year, but I think for an Irish passport holder there is no fee. At the moment the Zambia Immigration page is off line.

Ivan

Sussex
Destination Expert
for Mana Pools National Park, Marco Island
Level Contributor
870 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: US$ for entry visa

I entered Zim. through HRE airport on Thursday 2nd October this year and paid US$55 for a 30 day / single entry visa.

Sussex
Destination Expert
for Mana Pools National Park, Marco Island
Level Contributor
870 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: US$ for entry visa

Ooooops......nearly forgot.....I am not sure if it makes a difference to the visa price, but I am a UK passport holder.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: US$ for entry visa

Hi,

Ya I am also an Irish passport holder and staying on the zambia side of Vic falls in Jan but I think I have to cross over to do the lion walk which I booked online??? Was told by tour company that I have to have a Zim visa beofre I come over but was told by vias First, an irish visa company, that rules have changed and I can get it at port of entry @ a cost of 35pounds sterling?? Hope this helps Jean. Visa first in dublin are great for giving you up to date info. Im just gona take their word and go with none.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
1,527 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: US$ for entry visa

Hi !

I am a Canadian citizen and on dec.7th the cost of a visa to Zimbabwe for a UK or Canada citizen was $65 US if paid in $US!

The joke is that it was $47 US if you paid in Botswana polas and $39 US if you paid in ZAR (South Africa rands )! How do you think I paid ?

There seemed to be similar discrepacies for US and German citizens !!!!

6. Re: US$ for entry visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 05:26