We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visas & passport pages

California
Level Contributor
186 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Visas & passport pages

Traveling to Zimbabwe, Zambia, Botswana, South Africa, and Swaziland soon. Can someone tell me how many blank pages I need in my passport for each of these countries? Do I need these blank pages to be together? I have several blank pages that are interrupted by stamped ones. And from what I understand, I need to have visas for only Zimbabwe and Zambia. Is this correct? Can I obtain these visas in the airport upon arrival? What is the process for obtaining visas in these countries upon arrival at the airport? Thanks so much

Victoria Falls...
Destination Expert
for Victoria Falls
Level Contributor
856 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visas & passport pages

Hi, will answer what I can.

You will need a visa to get into Zimbabwe and Zambia - I think you are correct in saying that you are fine for SA, Botswana and Swaziland -but you should may be check this up further.

The Zimbabwe visa definitely takes up a full page of your passport - I dont believe from my experience that the pages need to follow each other. You will certainly be able to get visas into Zimbabwe at the port of entry - which is relatively easy - go and have a look at www.victoriafalls-guide -for some good info on costs of visas etc.

Seattle, Washington
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visas & passport pages

I have been advised that South Africa wants six consectutive blank pages. I can't get a definitive confirmation on that, but I got the information from a source that I trust.

I sent my passport to the State Department and had extra pages added. It was easy peasy, free and a quick turnaround to boot. You can get the details of how to get it done by going to the State Department website. I am traveling to the same countries that you are and I did not want to risk not having enough pages.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visas & passport pages

You can easily get your visa for Zimbabwe and Zambia at the point of entry and will need a blank page for each. Whilst you dont need a visa for SA you still need a blank page for the Immigration 'stamp' - think they call it a Temporary Residence Permit - and presume you will need same for Botswana and Swaziland. You will need a minimum of 6 blank pages (South Africa require 2 blank pages) Have never heard of them needing to be consecutive.

4. Re: Visas & passport pages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2009, 01:17