We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Victoria Falls Visit - September

UK
1 post
Save Topic
Victoria Falls Visit - September

We are planning to visit Victoria Falls in September/October or October/November and understand this time is outside the rainy season, please could you advise the flow of the falls at this time of year, any links to pictures of the falls taken around this time would be appreciated to give us an idea of what to expect. We are looking for some small kind of reassurance that visiting the falls at this time of year won’t detract in the sceptical of them and that the cost/extra days to go to do it will be worthwhile.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
23 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Victoria Falls Visit - September

The optimal time to visit Victoria Falls would be between July and September – the water flow is at medium strength, the weather is fantastic and the photo opportunities are wide.

Between May and June the Falls will be at its highest flow allowing for great views of Victoria Falls… but most photographic view points are too wet to enjoy. This, however, would be the best and optimal time to view the falls from the air!

Between October and December the falls are it lowest… with the low water levels you can still experience Victoria Falls by enjoying a swim in ‘Devil’s Swimming Pool’ on the edge of the falls! Between January and April the weather is at its hottest with occasional thunderstorms… Views of Victoria Falls are fine, but still recommended to travel between July and September.

Regards,

Jenman Safaris

bedfordshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Victoria Falls Visit - September

I have just been to Vic Falls 23rd April to 30th. It is the best time to see the falls as they are in full flow and due to heavy rains this year the Zambezi was flooded and they were i guess at their very best. I agree with the other comment that it does get very wet at most view points this time of year as the spray is like heavy rain but a rental of a $3 umbrella was for me a worthwhile investment. I spoke to many people on my travels about the falls including those who had been the time you mention and i believe they are a beautiful anytime of the year and with all the other experiences like safaris and if adventours canoeing, rafting or bungee it adds to your holiday. I would highly recommend the helicopter ride as the birds eye view really adds to your falls experience. If you want anymore info, visa requirements/places stay/restaurants/tour/excursions feel free to ask. My 6 days here were terrific.

3. Re: Victoria Falls Visit - September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Victoria Falls