We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of meals at Victoria Falls Hotel

England
Level Contributor
18 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of meals at Victoria Falls Hotel

We are due to visit soon and have been told we must take cash rather than credit cards but not sure how much as don't know the cost of evening meals at the hotel. Can anyone help here with a rough guide?

Victoria Falls...
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of meals at Victoria Falls Hotel

US200 in small denominations should be fine, all the big hotel take VISA plus you can draw up to US500 daily from Barclays ATM. 3 course dinner at Vic Falls Hotel is US25 drinks are about 3-5US for Beer and Good SA wine around 30-40US per bottle.

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
754 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of meals at Victoria Falls Hotel

Why do you have to eat dinner at the hotel?

Boston, MA, USA
Level Contributor
478 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of meals at Victoria Falls Hotel

Hi...we were at the Vic Falls Hotel in Sept...instead of dinner have High Tea late in the afternoon..it was great and very filling... there are a few options for dinner: main dining room and bar area....also there is a buffet dinner with music...none of their prices are high compared to the US..you can charge all of your food at the hotel.. make sure that you join their club...you can get a free upgrade if possible and other perks..check LHW website...Have a super trip and if you have any other questions please feel free to ask..we stayed in Zambia as well and did a variety of day trips...don't miss daytrip to Chobe

Victoria Falls...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of meals at Victoria Falls Hotel

well i would concur with chamabondo that bring very little cash since you can actually pay using your credit card for all your meals and extras as well as withdraw us dollar cash from the Barclays bank atm.Buffet dinner us$35pp, lunch usd$25pp.

Fortune Ndlovu- owner- Forche Tours and Travel

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of meals at Victoria Falls Hotel

The credit card service is not always reliable - have cash available just in case, and if possible bring two credit cards, one visa and one mastercard. If you prefer a simple, less fancy meal, there is a pizza place at the hotel right next door (the Kingdom Hotel) as well as a Spur (family restaurant and steakhouse). Burger and chips for $12-$15, if I remember correctly.

For one of the best restaurants I recommend getting yourself to the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge. Their restaurant has a lovely view over the bush and waterhole, and the food is fantastic (they have won several awards). The boma is also a fantastic dinner experience. Your agent should be able to pre-book this for you, including transfer.

Onne from Wild Wings Safaris

Maine or Africa
Level Contributor
69 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost of meals at Victoria Falls Hotel

I would agree with "Wild Wings" Credit cards can be problematic. I spent the entire month of September in Zimbabwe this year. A few of the hotels take credit cards but there is a subtantial surcharge. We actually had lunch twice at the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge and it was very nice with a typical meal being in the area of ten dollars US. One of our clients had no problem withdrawing cash from an ATM at the Barclays Bank in Vic Falls but this was driven by the need to have hard cash. Take enough cash to avoid use of the cards is my advice in Zimbabwe.

coventry
Level Contributor
86 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cost of meals at Victoria Falls Hotel

I would definately take US$ as your first method of payment and take credit card as a back up. You should have cash with you anyhow in vic falls to buy drinks in the shops and souveniers.

I went to' the boma' which you can google and find out about, its bascially a buffet with 'traditional' entertainment, a bit cheesy, but good for a meal and a good night out. Also think there are rveiws of it on trip advisor.

We also ate at vic falls hotel at the evening buffet and another hotel in the day which name escapes me. All the food was of a good standard, but im sorry i dont recal the costs. However maybe allow 30usd per meal which i think will be plenty. Im sure if you google the boma you could find out how much it is.

You will have a great time whatever you do.

Auckland
Level Contributor
183 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cost of meals at Victoria Falls Hotel

Elad100 - Why do you have to eat dinner at the hotel?

I recommend either the pizza takeaway or the fried chicken takeaway near the Vic Falls Restcamp. Heaps cheaper than the Vic Falls Hotel.

Turin, Italy
Level Contributor
32 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cost of meals at Victoria Falls Hotel

hi, definitely take with you US$, it is the most accepted currency in the Vic Falls area. There are a lot of nice restaurants in which you can eat "à la carte" specialties and a bottle of wine for 30$ per person. All the hotels have restaurant open also for people that do not stay in that hotel, it is like a sort of "big resort" composed by different hotels and tourists can move for free among the hotel to have a dinner or just to have a look!

We stayed at Kingdom hotel, but we visited the Vic Falls hotel and we saw a beautiful sunrise from its terrace!

Edited: 15 January 2011, 17:40
10. Re: Cost of meals at Victoria Falls Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2012, 07:17