We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

questions about road transfer from Vic Falls to Kasane

Georgia
Level Contributor
659 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
questions about road transfer from Vic Falls to Kasane

Hi,

We are considering adding on a day or two at Vic Falls before our safari in Botswana. I've read that we could hire road transfer from Vic. Falls to Kasane for around $50 per person (??). I've also read that this takes around 90 minutes or so-- does this include time at the border crossing? Also-- I've looked at a map but I'm still not sure whether we cross into Zambia on the way to the border crossing into Botswana. If we do, will we need to purchase a separate visa for Zambia, just to pass through and get to Kasane? We don't plan to spend any time in Zambia during our stay in Vic. Falls.

Finally, does anyone know how reliable the transport times, etc. would be? Obviously I suppose it depends on who we hire to take us, so I guess I'm asking for suggestions here. We would be catching a flight from Kasane to our first camp in Botswana, so we would need to be at the airport in time so as not to miss our flight....taking into account any delays at the border, etc.

Thanks for any info.

Victoria Falls...
Destination Expert
for Victoria Falls
Level Contributor
873 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: questions about road transfer from Vic Falls to Kasane

To answer some of your questions

Yes a Kasane to Vic Falls transfer costs about $45 to $50 (one way) depending on who you book through.

The total distance is about 90kms so will take about 90 mins including border crossing, dependant on how busy the border is.

You do Not need to cross into Zambia if you want to go to Zimbabwe, so therefore you will not need the Zambian Visa's.

Ambula or Wild horizons are very reliable. You can specify a pick up time and can rely on that. Minimum of 2 passengers.

victoriafalls-guide.net

Georgia
Level Contributor
659 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: questions about road transfer from Vic Falls to Kasane

Thanks so much, Boo, for your quick and helpful reply. Thanks also for posting your wonderful, informative Victoria Falls guide. I've already been reading through it ;-)

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
285 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: questions about road transfer from Vic Falls to Kasane

Boo pretty well covered it. I did this transfer a few months ago with Wild Horizon, I think. It was easy, good road, easy border crossing, then straight to the airport. You do not cross into Zambia. Easy.

Jim

Georgia
Level Contributor
659 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: questions about road transfer from Vic Falls to Kasane

Great. It's nice to hear a "2nd" to Boo's comments/suggestions. Very helpful. Thanks

Boston, MA, USA
Level Contributor
658 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: questions about road transfer from Vic Falls to Kasane

we used Wild Horizons for many transfers in Zambia, Zimbabwe and Botswana...&Beyond uses them and they were great..enjoy and keep on traveling

Georgia
Level Contributor
659 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: questions about road transfer from Vic Falls to Kasane

Thanks! We hope that this will not be our one and only trip to the region... so we will make a note of all of these recommendations for Wild Horizons.....

7. Re: questions about road transfer from Vic Falls to Kasane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 03:15