We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Victoria Falls Airport & Wild Horizons

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Victoria Falls Airport & Wild Horizons

I had two questions:

1. Have others had experience with Wild Horizons (i.e. Elephant Camp & Imbabala)? Is it reputable?

2. Will it be a problem for us we depart VFA at 1:55pm, arrive in JNB at 3:35, and depart JNB to the United States later that evening at 8:20pm. i.e. is Zimbabwe (VFA) known to have delayed flights, etc.?

Thanks for your help!

Cape Town
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Victoria Falls Airport & Wild Horizons

Hi Martiae,

1. Wild Horizons is a very well known and reputable company. The accommodation is of a very good standard and they are reliable. I've worked with them for over 4 years, and I've never had any issues with them. In fact in my experience, they've always gone above and beyond to assist my clients with lost luggage etc.

2. No problem at all, again in my experience these flights generally leave on time. However even if there is a delay you have more than enough time between flights. As a general rule 3 hours is considered an adequate amount of time between connecting flights.

Victoria Falls...
Destination Expert
for Victoria Falls
Level Contributor
893 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Victoria Falls Airport & Wild Horizons

Completely agree with SafariNess... Wild Horizons is one of the biggest if not the biggest tour operator in Victoria falls and extremely reputable.

Flights generally always on time... unless you are flying Air Zimbabwe ofcourse, in which case they are totally unreliable at this stage.

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Victoria Falls Airport & Wild Horizons

victoriafalls-guide.net/wild-horizons.html

I have used them and they were a huge surprise - always on time, no hassle and provided many fabulous excursions.

South African Airways and British Airways are generally punctual from to/from VFA, and it looks like you are flying BA - they have a flight to London to connect for. That leaves JNB at 19:15, so they will do their very best to get to JNB in time for that.

4. Re: Victoria Falls Airport & Wild Horizons

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 18:19