We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safari in south africa

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
safari in south africa

I am planning to go to south africa in mid june for 2 weeks. was thinking about 3 days in cape town, 4 days in kruger, 2 in victoria falls and 3 in chobe. is this good? what is the difference between chobe and kruger? is june a good time to go? i was told it is winter there and a good time to see animals. has anyone been there then? do you think just doing kruger would be good enough or do you think we should add in chobe at the end? i need advice..

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: safari in south africa

Hi, Craig

thanks for your post... unfortunately we only have 2 weeks for this trip so trying to figure it all out...

we were thinking about victorial falls and then chobe which i hear is only a one hour drive? the place they suggested is muchenje lodge? have you heard of it?

since you have a travel company , can you put together an itinerary for me and my husband (no kids..) we would be leaving lax on june 13... we want to spend most sof the time on safari but would like to go to capetown. i know 3 nights is probably not enough but that is all we can do i think.. what can you put together for us?

Wayzata, Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,839 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: safari in south africa

Hi Amy,

Muchenje is fine and it is one of the places I mentioned in my earlier post on this thread. Jenny and Jeanie from our company have both been there this year and they liked it.

We can put anything together but because of Trip Advisor rules you will need to contact me (not vice versa) outside of this forum.

Have a good Christmas day!

Craig Beal

Pecatonica, Illinois
Level Contributor
417 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: safari in south africa

We stayed at Muchenje in 2011 and enjoyed it very much. Lipps, one of the guides, was just excellent. We also had a side trip to a village. The food is family style and very good. Appetizers and drinks after the game drives are wonderful and we enjoyed the individual cabins where we stayed. Sitting outside on your deck, looking over the river and hearing bells on the cows from Namibia was just wonderful. They have early morning drives and they do a wonderful job of a river cruise. We remember seeing three leopards lazing in the sun. Lipps called to tell the boat we would be a bit late because we were watching the leopards! We really enjoyed Muchenje and I would second the idea of staying here!

14. Re: safari in south africa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2014, 14:12
15. Re: safari in south africa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2013, 10:15