We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bonisair Helicopters and Steenbok Safari

Frankfurt, Germany
Destination Expert
for Garden Route
Level Contributor
2,108 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Bonisair Helicopters and Steenbok Safari

We are back from a 4 days stay in Vic Falls and wanted to share some infos we have not previously found on Tripadvisor.

First and foremost we wanted to inform you that there are 2 helicopter operators in Vic Falls:

Shearwater and Bonisair. The later doesn't have a listing here, neither can you google it. We booked them over Zimbabwe Travel Service. They charge the same rate as Shearwater (125 US$ + 10$ park fee pp), but us a smaller helicopter, so that everybody gets a window seat. Highly recommended. I only got a cell phone number +263712212002 .

The other thing we would highly recommend is a trip to Chobe National Park in Botswana. We got a very good tip here on tripadvisor to use Steenbok Safari which is located in Kasane, Botswana. They offered us a private day trip to Chobe (safari vehicle and boat safari) at a very competitive price. Contact over the listing on tripadvisor:

Kasane, Botswana -> things to do

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,853 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bonisair Helicopters and Steenbok Safari

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. We also used Steenbok and Moabi was excellent. Our jeep and boat had the just the two of us while all the other operators had dozen (s). Great trip.

Laidley
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bonisair Helicopters and Steenbok Safari

Can you get a helicopter out of Kasane to fly over to Vic falls or is it too far?

Also, how long does it take to clear customs from Botswana to Zim?

We are going in Sept and are trying to work out if it is worth going to Zim for a few days or can we fly over the falls instead.

1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Bonisair Helicopters and Steenbok Safari

The flight over the Falls is a must do, but you can only get that in Victoria Falls. The aerial view is just amazing, you won't regret doing this activity! You should also visit the actual Falls aswell, you can go with a guide or you can go alone but the guided tour is the best.

As for clearance at the border, it depends if the border is busy, but its only a matter of minutes. If you want to travel to Vic Falls, i recomend you use Africa Travel Tours, they will look after you all the way from Botswana to Zim. They will also assist you with all the necessary travel arrangements and activities. I can guarantee you A class service!! Their email address is reservations@africatravelvicfalls.com

Victoria Falls...
Level Contributor
384 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bonisair Helicopters and Steenbok Safari

You can not get a helicopter flight from Botswana to victoria falls but its only 1hr drive and i will say its worth it to visit victoria falls.

please our webiste and see if we have got what you looking for otherwise i can refer you to some couple of tour operators to help you.

Philani Moyo- Onwer & Director Shockwave Adventures

5. Re: Bonisair Helicopters and Steenbok Safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2014, 05:16