We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
train

Hello

Does anyone know a train from say, Pretoria to Vic Falls (other than Ravos) that isn't

quite that expensive/long? Ravos looks great but about 14000 Rand (1 way) + its

3 days-2N). Just unsure in this area....thanks in advance!

Victoria Falls...
Level Contributor
378 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train

Try to check with Shongololo

Philani Moyo (Shockwave Adventures Director & Owner)

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: train

I recently tried looking for trains between vic falls and johannesbourg for October as all the flights were booked out for the date I needed. The research I did was not promising for us - they were very long (minimum 27 hours), few in number and very expensive. Our tour operator in Capetown said the services from zimbabwe were very limited and also not reliable. I couldn't find a suitable one in the end so we are now staying an extra night at vic falls and flying out the day after when there is a flight available.

I used the travelstart site to book flights. If you have a lot of time however and can afford to spend a few days doing the journey you might be alright but for us this was too long.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: train

Ages I know but figuring I'm going to follow up on this.

So the train wi/shongolo would be most cost efficient than, say, Blue Train or Ravos? Also, looks like

you might have a nice little picture there, is that in SA? If so, do you have a "bland" rafting trip

(for pensioners?)

Thanks

KPM

Victoria Falls...
Level Contributor
378 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: train

Remember you have 2 options, start you tour in SA and end in Vic Falls or do it opposite with these trains. For the rafting i can say as long you are able to walk down and up the canyon which is about 750feet but not vertical then you will be able to raft. the oldest person whom i personal have taken rafting was 72 years old from USA or the other option will be to do a raft float above the Falls. four companies are offering these tours in Victoria falls and you are more than welcome to check on their websites or on trip advisor to see which one you want go with.

Thank you

Philani Moyo - Owner and Guide Shockwave Adventures Victoria Falls

5. Re: train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2015, 07:33