We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White Water Rafting in late May

Herndon, Virginia
Level Contributor
44 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
White Water Rafting in late May

I am super disappointed at just now learning that white water river rafting on the Zambezi is suspended during May due to high water. This was going to "the" highlight of our trip to Victoria Falls and our whole real reason for including Zimbabwe in our travel plans for our trip to Africa. Does anyone have some info on whether or not this is always true in May or if there might be a chance? Are there any other options for white water rafting in May near Victoria Falls area or near Johannesburg? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Victoria Falls...
Level Contributor
419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: White Water Rafting in late May

Hi,i am sorry i missed your post about rafting on the Zambezi end of may. it is hard to say rafting will be closed in end of May as this will depend on the water level. We are still rafting now because the level is still now very high and it looks like we will raft until March and maybe re open in May like 2012. so please keep on checking on the websites or you may send us an email and we will keep you updated with water levels.

Thank you

Philani Moyo Owner & raft guide Shockwave Adventures Victoria falls

Victoria Falls...
Destination Expert
for Victoria Falls
Level Contributor
893 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: White Water Rafting in late May

Hi Lisa

Please also note that if the rafting is running in May it will be a "super high water run" and does not offer the same levels of excitement as the low water season which is maybe what you are expecting.

3. Re: White Water Rafting in late May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 06:19