We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vic Falls views

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
133 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Vic Falls views

Are there hotels with views of Victoria Falls? Perhaps from private balcony or terrace bar? Would these be views looking up or down at the falls?

Thanks,

Betz

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vic Falls views

On the Zambian side, the Royal Livingstone has a view of the falls (from the top). I think the Victoria Falls Hotel on the Zim side also has a view of the bridge and the spray. Google both of those, I'm sure you'll find some photos of the views.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
133 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vic Falls views

Thank you very much for taking the time ti answer my question.

Betz

Maun, Botswana
Level Contributor
532 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vic Falls views

It depends on what you expect as a 'view' no Hotels overlook the Falls which can only really be viewed by entering the Parks on both the Zimbabwean and the Zambian sides.

On the Livingstone side, both the Zambezi Sun and the Royal Livingstone are close (within walking distance) to the Falls, but all you are able to see is the spray rising - you cannot see the Falls themselves.

On the Zimbabwean side the Falls cannot be viewed from anywhere except within the Park. The gorge an be seen from the Victoria Falls Bridge and at a distance from the Victoria Falls Hotel

4. Re: Vic Falls views

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2015, 04:17