We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset cruise & Guided Walk to Vic Falls

sydney
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Topic
Sunset cruise & Guided Walk to Vic Falls

We will be in Victoria Falls in 3 weeks for 3 days and just working out what to see and do so we don't waste precious time. We have already booked the full day safari into Chobe National Park.

and am now finalising the other full day.

1. Would we be cutting it fine to do the Sunset Cruise - probably Zambezi Explorer on our day of arrival- our plane get's in about 2pm? Where does the Zambezi Explorer leave from?

2. Is it safe to walk to Victoria Falls independently or is it wise to do the guided walk?

many thanks

Victoria Falls...
Level Contributor
378 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset cruise & Guided Walk to Vic Falls

I will say yes go for the sunset cruise you will love it a lot and about visiting the Falls you can walk from town to the falls and this will take you less than 20mins. It is very safe to do that tour by your self.

The Zambezi Explorer will come pick you up from your hotel.

Hope you will have wonderful time at my home place.

Philani Moyo -Owner and guide Shockwave Adventures Victoria Falls

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
39 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset cruise & Guided Walk to Vic Falls

We did the sunset cruise on the Zambezi Explorer and it was really great, I suggest booking it when you arrive at your hotel. During the day it is fine to walk around, however it is best to not walk around dusk or after dark. We arranged for a private guide to take us to the Zambezi side of the falls to the park and then lunch at the Royal Livingston, we booked this through the concierge at the Victoria Falls Hotel, which is where we were staying. We did walk from the back of the hotel, assisted by a guard to keep a look out for wild animals and for people peddling their wares. It was about a 15 minute walk to the Zimbabwe Victoria Falls park and I believe it was nearly $30 to get into the part to get close enough to see the falls. We walked back to our hotel from the park w/o a guard and were fine but did see an elephant and backed up a long ways and waited for him to get far enough away and then continued on our way.

3. Re: Sunset cruise & Guided Walk to Vic Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2015, 05:15