We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shipping Parcel to Angola - seeking information

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Shipping Parcel to Angola - seeking information

I am looking to ship a parcel of nondescript items from Canada to an inlaw currently residing in Angola -- nothing of value, some food items, a holiday card, and some small clothing items. Package contents worth no more than $30.

My spouse is of the opinion that it needs to be sent by courier (at an exorbitant price 8x value package) or it will never arrive because of perceptions of corruption in the country. My opinion is that the package contains nothing of value so should be shipped via standard international air (still expensive) as there is little risk of non-delivery.

Would really appreciate someone with knowledge of Angola providing their insight. Thank you!

Luanda, Angola
Level Contributor
66 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shipping Parcel to Angola - seeking information

Sorry would only recommend using a reliable courier such as Fedex or DHL. Also need to but make sure that he doesnt need an import licence and that what you are shipping is authorised for importation. DHL / Fedex can guide you. It will be expensive as I am sure you have found out (but then again Angola is the most expensive place in the world...).

KInd Rgds Paul

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Shipping Parcel to Angola - seeking information

I say fed ex too.

PBB
Madrid
Level Contributor
16 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shipping Parcel to Angola - seeking information

Many of those best advises are here: Have u checked the first ever business guide on angola second edition 2012 www.ebizguides.com or follow on twitter @ebizguides

4. Re: Shipping Parcel to Angola - seeking information

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2013, 10:37