We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doing job in Luanda

Which Luanda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai
1 post
Save Topic
Doing job in Luanda

I am an Indian national.I have been offered a job of manager in a wellknown multinational company in Luanda.I am totally unaware of the present working conditions in Luanda.Would anyone please advise me on the safety,security,social/commercial life,facilities for telecommunication to other part of world,money transfer facilities etc.?

cincinnati,ohio
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Doing job in Luanda

What part of Luanda my dad has also worked there before and my friend is actually working there right now

Luanda, Angola
Level Contributor
66 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Doing job in Luanda

Angola is a lot better now that there is peace. I know a few Indians working here and they tend to keep to themselves. In general for Africa, security wise is not so bad (but not brilliant!). Luanda is THE most expensive place in the world and real estate / housing is where that starts, so there are very few decent houses / apartments around and those that are available costa fortune (Like USD15K month for a reasonable house and USD6K a month for decent apartment). So get this clear with your company before agreeing to anything. VISAS (work or otherwise) are another issue very difficult to resolve (although if they are a serious multinational, or already established they will should have done their homework on these issues already).

Telecom much better now, banking also (but not without their typical frustrations).

Rgds Paul Eco Tur Angola

www.eco-tur.com

dubai, UAE
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Doing job in Luanda

hi!!!

I've got an offer job from one of the company in luanda, but I am confused about this place, would anyone advise me if there's a filipino workers and filipino products in that place? please.......

Luanda, Angola
Level Contributor
66 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Doing job in Luanda

Hi there are many Filipinos here (particularly in diamond mines and with local companies here in Luanda). I do not know as to Filipino products (assume you mean foodstuffs), I would doubt there is much here at all.

Paul paul@eco-tur.com

5. Re: Doing job in Luanda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2010, 07:17