We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help - trying to plan a visit to Angola

Which Luanda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco, CA
2 posts
Save Topic
Help - trying to plan a visit to Angola

I'm having a very difficult time finding an affordable guide for a day trip to Kissama National Park, city tour of Luanda and hotel. Any recommendations or guidance on transport/guide and hotel would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Gulf Breeze, FL
Level Contributor
2 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help - trying to plan a visit to Angola

For 4 years in a row, Luanda ranks as #1 as the worlds most expensive place to live. My husband works there and it is shocking to hear about the prices of everyday items, let alone luxury type things such as travel or even eating in a restaurant. A loaf of bread costs 12.00....a fast food meal at the one McDonald's-style restaurant was 60.00 for 4 hamburgers, 4 small fries and 4 caned sodas.

I am sorry I can not be of any help, but thought I would share what I know of current prices in Luanda. Best of luck to you, perhaps you could contact your embassy there?

Luanda, Angola
Level Contributor
66 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help - trying to plan a visit to Angola

www.eco-tur.com

North England
Level Contributor
48 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help - trying to plan a visit to Angola

My advice would be not to bother going, Luanda is not really a tourist place at all and there are far far better places in Africa to visit.

Edited: 21 July 2011, 09:24
Nacala, Mozambique
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help - trying to plan a visit to Angola

helo, I just arrived in Luanda and find this: www.eco-tur.com. Phone: + 244 923 601601. Let me know if you use this service company. Regards

5. Re: Help - trying to plan a visit to Angola

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 June 2013, 02:05
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help - trying to plan a visit to Angola

I have been working in Angola... believe me it doesn't worth a visit.

4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Help - trying to plan a visit to Angola

I have been working in Angola... believe me it doesn't worth a visit.

Luanda, Angola
Level Contributor
66 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help - trying to plan a visit to Angola

Omarlayan, You worked in Luanda ?

4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Help - trying to plan a visit to Angola

i worked in cabinda but always visiting luanda.

Luanda, Angola
Level Contributor
66 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help - trying to plan a visit to Angola

OK, and so I guess also you didn't go to Kissama Park, the Kwanza River (just one hour south of Luanda) or Kalandula Falls (almost the height of Victoria falls), Pedras Negras, or vist the picturesque scenery of the coffee plantations in Kwanza Sul !

We just had a group of 12 American tourists trough, who went to about 6 countries throughout West Africa mad they pretty much all said that Angola was THE best experience of all of them.

I know I am biased as I run a tourism company here, but the ONLY reason I do that is to enable and facilitate others to see and enjoy the beauty of "war torn" Angola which I love so much...

These are fantastic places, check out our facebook page Eco Tur Angola or our website.

With respect, Angola is NOT Luanda and Luanda is NOT Angola (as we say :-) )

Cheers Paul