We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cycling through Togo and Benin

Accra, Ghana
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Topic
Cycling through Togo and Benin

Hi there

I am planning on a 10-14 day cycling trip of Togo and Benin early December. I will be travelling from Ghana where I am currently working and I'm a single white female. I am looking at a low/medium budget but I guess I will be ready to pay a bit more for a good night sleep and a proper shower once or twice on the way. Looking at starting in Lome - Asrama - Tohoun - Abomey - Cotonou and back to Lome along the coast.

My main question is around safety. How densely populated are these countries? How easy is it to find a clean enough place to sleep on the route? Any suggestions around budget and places to see or stay very welcome too.

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Ghana
Ghana
Africa
Lome
Lome
Maritime Region, Togo
Cotonou
Cotonou
Littoral Department, Benin
Trenton, New Jersey
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Cycling through Togo and Benin

I don't understand im from south Carolina I grew up being hated by white people saying all types of racist things to me an my people I just cant believe how many white people in africa im seeing. they called us monkeys but I see they love where us from monkeys come from AFRICA OUR MOTHER LAND.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
409 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cycling through Togo and Benin

Benin and Togo are very safe countries, also for a white female. People are very friendly and will help you for everything you need.

On route you will find many small villages but I think is difficult to find accommodation far from main towns.

Maect

www.unmundoparaviajarlo.com

3. Re: Cycling through Togo and Benin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2014, 05:21
Get answers to your questions about Benin
More Benin Topics