We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dragoman Overland

Nottingham, England
Level Contributor
34 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Dragoman Overland

We're looking at booking the Vic Falls to Cape Town Dragoman Overland tour - has anyone done this particular tour? How was it? I am a bit concerned that there will be tonnes and tonnes of driving and not much time for chilling out and sightseeing in between the travelling.

Also, Dragoman say that they don't have any lockers on their busses, just one communal safe for passports and money, but things like ipods, phones and cameras are at your own risk - is that normal for this type of tour? I thought most overland buses had lockers etc? How safe will our belongings be on this type of trip?

cheers

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
385 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dragoman Overland

Hi

Having one communal safe for passports and other documents is the norm. Most tour operators don't have save storage for cameras, phones etc. otherwise they need to install a huge safe.

Werner

Eko Tracks

Maun, Botswana
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dragoman Overland

Hi

Most of these Cape Town to Vic Falls trips are around 3 weeks, a long way to go in 3 weeks, I would always recommend giving each coutry a bit more time and to visit them individually, if you are budget driven and have no choice then it would be a good immersion into southern africa.

Be careful with your Camera and ipod etc, always keep it on you or in your daypack and keep your daypack close (dont leave it lying around).

most of these itineraries will move camp each day, dedicate the morning to driving and then have an activity in the afternoon.

Enjoy your safari!!

3. Re: Dragoman Overland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 11:19