We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Elusive 24 x 12 x 10 inch Duffle-Does it Exist???

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
49 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
The Elusive 24 x 12 x 10 inch Duffle-Does it Exist???

Ok, I have found everything BUT a 24x12x10 inch duffle. What am I doing wrong? I have found 24x12.5x10.5...I have found 24x11.5x11.5, I have found everything but the measurement I need. Is this a joke to make us crazy before our safari?

I don't want to spend $50 on a duffle either...I am trying to find something low cost since this will probably be the first and last time we use this.

Thanks!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
278 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Elusive 24 x 12 x 10 inch Duffle-Does it Exist???

there's a mountainsmith duffel that i have that's 20 x 11 x 10. that's the medium sized one in that line. it can be had for less than $30 if you do a search online.

New York
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Elusive 24 x 12 x 10 inch Duffle-Does it Exist???

Go to the website for Women's Work (www.womensworkbw.com). They sell canvas bags made in Botswana - the Meerkat is just smaller then 24x12x10, plus other cool stuff from Botswana. Also most airlines measure total "perimeter" so an inch here and not an inch there should be ok. These bags are not cheap but your grandchildren will still be using it - often.

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
385 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Elusive 24 x 12 x 10 inch Duffle-Does it Exist???

Is this for the international flight or the local flight in Botswana? An inch here opr there won't be critical, especially if it is a duffel bag which can be squashed. The problem is when people bring huge bags onto the plane.

Werner

Eko Tracks

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
820 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Elusive 24 x 12 x 10 inch Duffle-Does it Exist???

Check out the Medium Eddie Bauer ripstop duffle. That's what I got and the dimensions are 24x12x10 for $50. Check overstock.com coz I saw some that size for less.

Tucson, AZ
Level Contributor
32 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Elusive 24 x 12 x 10 inch Duffle-Does it Exist???

Our travel agent recommended the AK Saks expandable triangular duffel because it is so lightweight. Can squish down to fit those tiny compartments if you don't pack it too full.

6. Re: The Elusive 24 x 12 x 10 inch Duffle-Does it Exist???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 22:17